OT: I'm in Florida :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2013, 07:30 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Just wanted to let you all know that I'm in Florida. Leaving this morning, the weather was nice, flight was on time and smooth and we landed to nice weather as well. By the time we got to the hotel it was raining and hasn't stopped since!

Interesting things occurring to me today (you all would be the only ones to understand!):

at the airport at home, right across from me sat a woman using her iPad. I was paying close attention since I am getting an iPad on this trip. Anyway, she had her two daughters with her. She started showing them pictures of herself pregnant, with a newborn etc. Since I should have been pregnant on this trip, it really bothered me.

Anyway, we get to the hotel (this is a hotel we stay at all the time and I actually found out on one of these trips about my first pregnancy) and I must say we have never seen any functions happening here, but as I walk in I see a huge 'babyshower' sign in the lobby and the whole dining area is decorated.

We go shopping and I kid you not, everywhere I went there were pregnant women. Honestly?

I just kept thinking....years ago, before the loss, I would taken all of these occurances as a sign. Now I am just so negative about it all. Before the loss, I would have been giddy with excitement at all of these 'signs'. Now I am just living in my own personal 'pregnancy' he11.

I don't know what is going on with my stomach. I've been having severe like cramp pains all day today and I've also noticed them the last few nights when I lay down and relax. Very strange...I wonder if it is nerves?

Anyway, I will keep you all updated while I am away! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
geogeek likes this.
July 13th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have a great time there! What did you decide about testing?
islandbaby likes this.
July 14th, 2013, 02:55 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck_Mommy View Post
Have a great time there! What did you decide about testing?
Well, I've seen the FRER tests in numerous places already, but I refuse to buy them because I know once I buy them I will want to start testing right away, lol. I did bring my up&up tests with me, but since they are blue dye (correct?) I think I will not use them unless and until I get a good positive on a pink dye test. I jut wouldn't be able to take the heartache of a false positive.

Anyway, we have two Walmarts, Target, Kmart, Walgreens etc. all very close to the hotel so the minute I need the tests, I can run out and get them.

I woke up this morning to these annoying cramps again I'm going out to the lobby to get some tea in a bit to see if that will ease them up!
Redneck_Mommy likes this.
July 14th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. It is hard to see the pregnancy stuff everywhere.

I hope you can get some relaxation on your trip.
islandbaby likes this.
July 14th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Just keep breathing.
Wahoo! Welcome to the mainland.

Ugh, of COURSE there would be a baby shower convention at your hotel. Murphy's law, right? Sorry you have to wade through all of that. Sending hugs and strength!
July 14th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmomma3 View Post
Anyway, we have two Walmarts, Target, Kmart, Walgreens etc. all very close to the hotel so the minute I need the tests, I can run out and get them.
Honey - LOAD UP!!!! I'd be buying every one of those places out of their entire stock. On the way home, the x-ray machine attendant would think I was an absolute nut because I would have an extra bag with just HPTs and OPKs in it.

Have a Great Vacation!
geogeek likes this.
New Baby Boy Born March 24. Our second miracle!
July 14th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
glad you made it safely and hope you feel better soon!!! How long are you there? a week?
July 14th, 2013, 06:24 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombdini View Post
glad you made it safely and hope you feel better soon!!! How long are you there? a week?
Yes, we'll be here for a week. I still have the stomach cramps. I notice them more at night time and this evening I am completely bloated. Besides that we are having a good time! I already went to Walmart and got a 3 pack of FRERs. So excited, but so nervous to test....
July 14th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Hope you're having a great time... The test suspense is KILLING me!!! Hope your cramps are getting better.
July 15th, 2013, 08:26 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you have a wonderful time in Florida!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry you are seeing the pregnancy stuff everywhere that can be so painful but I hope it IS a good sign for you I can't wait for you to test you better KUP!

Walmart has the best prices for FRERs so good move there

Everything is crossed for you!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

July 15th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
UGH!!! I hope they are signs for you Let us know the second you test!
July 16th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Veteran
Seriously, just like lelila said, I would buy ALL tests I could find, regardless of CD! So what if they go unused? Let's hope so!
For instance, I have about 20 OPK left from this month (my stash!!), but since I use more than that in a month, my husband already ordered 40 more...
July 16th, 2013, 05:58 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Update: I went to the plaza where I thought there was a dollar store. NO such luck...the store is gone It's like I am not meant to buy any cheap tests....

I decided to test 3 times while here in Florida - this morning (9dpo and exactly 4 months after my D&C), Thursday (will be 11 dpo and my daughter's 7th Birthday) and Saturday (13dpo and the day we leave to fly back home).

Anyway, this morning was negative, go figure!

Will keep you all posted
July 16th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Keep trying! I hope that you are having fun there, and hope the rain has stopped. And even if you can't get the cheapo tests, the medium price ones will fill that POAS need!
islandbaby likes this.
July 16th, 2013, 06:25 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Yes, we are having lots of fun! It's been raining every day since we got here, but nothing to stop us from going out etc. Tomorrow is a big day for us.....the mall (to buy an iPad and an iTouch5), dentist checkups for both girls, endo appointment for my daughter (she has type 1 Diabetes), more shopping at the mall and then dinner at Olive Garden. Of course, in the back of mind is always the one nagging question though, lol Hopefully I'll get a positive answer soon! LOL
July 16th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Glad y'all are having fun. Wow! Tomorrow sounds like WORK! Lol. I'll be waiting for you to post that BFP!
islandbaby likes this.
July 17th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Is it Thursday yet?
July 18th, 2013, 03:21 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Yes, it's Thursday...after this morning's temp, I just don't know how to feel now It dropped below the cover line. I did research that online because of course I just can't accept it just like that and now I read that you should never test in the middle underneath your tongue, but that there are two hotspots on either side. So, AFTER I had already gotten up, moved around a bit, used my brain....hahahaha, I had to retake the temp just to see. Okay waking temp was 97.07 and temp after being awake for about 15 minutes was 97.71. Does that seem like a 'normal' difference?

Of course I took a test - it's officially negative, but of course my eyes have a way of playing tricks on me.

Yesterday I had a little bit of eggwhite/orange/brown CM, but only when I wiped once.

Now I'm wondering if either AF is coming or the CM and temp dip could indicate implantation???

I'm so confused and sad right now

BUT knowing me, unless AF shows up of course, I'll still test Saturday again. It's like, once I build a plan in my brain, I can't deviate from that!

Send me lots of good vibes, pixie dust etc....it's always worked in the past when I've asked!!!
July 18th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Veteran
I hope you are able to enjoy your staying in there very much! I really hope you can take this out of your mind for a bit, get distracted!
And of course what I hope the best is for you to get your + on saturday!
Hey, we are both on the same DPO!!! How fun is that?!
July 18th, 2013, 05:22 AM
I don't know anything about temps and such, so no advice there. But I will certainly send all the other requests your way!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search