Lost baby 11w, Questions

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Janisdkh's Avatar Mommy of soon to be 5!
Send a message via MSN to Janisdkh
Hi everyone we just lost our baby at 11 weeks. I passed the placenta on the 13th and wondering how long it takes your body to stop bleeding. I am shocked because after previous m/c or 14 week D&C I only bled for about a 7-8 days. I am already pretty much done 3 days after passing the placenta.. I am hoping to try in the next few months or so but I really need to know if this can happen already? Also how long did you wait till you tried again? Thanks

July 16th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Just keep breathing.
I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Big hugs to you!

I've had 3 losses- after the most "natural" one where I used cytotec but passed the tissue at home, I bled for about 2 weeks. After my D&C I bled for 3 full weeks. And then I had a blighted ovum (where a sac develops but no baby) I bled for 9 weeks- that one was hard to pass.

Everyone and every pregnancy is different, but it's not at all unusual to bleed for several weeks. Unless the bleeding gets a lot heavier all of a sudden, or you develop a fever or foul odor, there's no need for concern.

My doctors told me to wait one natural cycle after a loss, before trying again. It was more about being emotionally ready. It depends of course on how far along you were, or if there were any other complications, but generally after a first trimester loss, one cycle is enough.
July 16th, 2013, 03:27 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So sorry for your loss, I had my first loss recently at almost 10 weeks. I only bled for a week, and just had my first AF. June 16 is when it all started. so within 4 weeks for me, but every body is different. And this was my first loss. I am not waiting to TTC, our Dr. Gave us the ok after I had my first AF,. Didyour Dr. Say anything about how long to wait? Sorry I am not of much help. Good luck

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
July 16th, 2013, 03:38 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss

My loss was at 12 weeks but was a D&C and I bled for about 7 days and was told I could begin TTC again after one normal cycle (although I ended up having other issues and having to wait 6 months but that is certainly not the norm). I have seen people bleed as few as 4 days after a MC on these boards so maybe 3 isnt so crazy? But I have also heard of some ladies who had some start , stop, and start again for a couple days bleeding.

As far as when to TTC again since every circumstance is so different it is hard to say so I usually suggest asking your doctor. But I would think after one normal cycle if all other circumstances were normal you could go back to TTC.

I hope you heal quickly and can get back to TTC as soon as you are ready.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

July 16th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Veteran
I'm sorry....
I can't really help since I lost my baby after birth, but still...
Just wanted to say that I feel for you...
July 16th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry for your loss. ((Hugs))
July 16th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
I bled for about a week after a natural m/c at 8 weeks... My doc recommended waiting til after AF to try again, but said that was only to help date the pregnancy. Every situation is different, and many people get pregnant again before AF, but you have to decide what is right for you.
July 17th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Janisdkh's Avatar Mommy of soon to be 5!
Send a message via MSN to Janisdkh
Thank you so very much everyone <3 I am sorry for everyone's loss and I thank you for taking the time to help me. <3 <3

I ended up spotting again yesterday and passing two clots with tissue. I am now not spotting nor bleeding what so ever. It is so odd and I also feel my cervix is tender when I push to pee.. I know that is normal but I am so crummy and lost right now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search