CD3 Tests and HSG scheduled

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MoonAngel702

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2013, 01:14 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
So, looks like this Saturday will be CD3 since AF showed early this AM. I called and got my appt for the CD3 blood tests and the ovary ultrasound for that day. They are also going to do the fasting blood work that morning as well. And my husband will be coming with me for his tests too. Since we moved, we are now about 1.5 hours away from the fertility center so they are trying to schedule as many tests in one day as possible to make it easier for us, so that's good. On Saturday, we will then schedule the rest of the tests for next week.

Then I had to call a different place to schedule the HSG, which will be on CD8, next Thursday the 25th. They said to make sure I have a driver with me and that I'm not spotting... usually AF is done by then but what if I am still spotting? I asked her if I would need to cancel. She said I would need to talk to a tech about that. So hopefully I'm not spotting still by then!

Well, I will keep y'all posted as I get more info. I'm not feeling as stressed about the testing anymore. Now I just want to get it over with! But it is an awful lot to think about ....
July 18th, 2013, 01:59 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Good luck with all the tests. When I had my HSG done, I had absolutely no cramping or anything else, so it isn't always painful. My suggestion is to take a few Tylenol before the procedure. I hope that you get some form of answers after all of the testing!

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 18th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow! That is a lot on your mind. I hope it all goes wel, and you get answers soon!
July 18th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Just keep breathing.
Wow, I have my HSG scheduled for Monday, and they didn't say anything about spotting or having a driver. They mentioned tylenol, but that's it. Now I'm concerned...
July 18th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you find answers that will help you. I don't know what these tests are, so I'll have to google... I just hope they help!
July 19th, 2013, 03:07 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I hope all your tests go well and that the answers will be helpful!!!
July 19th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Veteran
Good luck!!!!!!!! I hope it goes as "painlessly" as possible!!!!
July 19th, 2013, 06:28 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope all these tests give you answers! KUP on how everything goes I will be keeping you in my thoughts!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

July 19th, 2013, 09:16 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Thanks everyone!

For those unfamiliar with these tests, the CD3 labs will evaluate ovarian reserve to determine the quality of eggs and will include E2, P4, LH, FSH & HCG. The Ultrasound done that day will check for any abnormalities with the ovaries and/or uterus and also determine the number of antral follicles (eggs) I have.

The HSG is a Hysterosalphingogram is an X-ray to see if fallopian tubes are open and can also determine any abnormalities with the uterus. A dye is injected through the cervix and flows through the uterine cavity and throughout the tubes.

Rachel ~ that's reassuring for sure! I was starting to get nervous maybe it is extra painful!

Mel ~ I'm pretty sure their biggest concern is an allergic reaction to the dye. They must have had it happen to somebody or something. And then if there is an allergic reaction, they give you Benadryl, which makes you drowsy so they don't want you driving.

I will keep y'all posted! I'm nervous!
Redneck_Mommy likes this.

Last edited by MoonAngel702; July 19th, 2013 at 09:18 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search