Really?!

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jessmgt

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2013, 04:23 AM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
AF was scheduled to arrive on August 1 or 2. Here it is August 3 and she still isn't here and my tests are negative. Maybe I'm having a longer cycle. My last two were normal, so I thought I'd stay on a normal pattern now, since they were all kinds of crazy after the last loss. Before that, they were very regular. Courtney, I feel like I'm typing your words over again.

And, to top it all off, my co-worker told me yesterday that she is pregnant. She doesn't want to be AT ALL! I think she is getting herself used to the idea, but still. I didn't know what to say. I wanted to cry, but we were in the middle of a meeting. How frustrating.
August 3rd, 2013, 04:55 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I've learnt that it's good to 'cry it out' sometimes...it really helps!

Regarding AF/pregnancy....I truly hope you get an answer ASAP!!! Nobody deserves to be in limbo like this
August 3rd, 2013, 05:15 AM
Veteran
It is really cruel and upsetting, that's all I can say! I HATE it for you!
August 3rd, 2013, 02:21 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
Right there with you Redneck!

And it is TOUGH to be around someone who gotpregnant and doesn't want tobe... so tough. Thathappenedto me at work, I had to tell someone she was pregnant, and she did NOT plan it.. she was preventing with all of her might. So tough.

August 3rd, 2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks y'all. I'm pretty bummed about this whole thing. AF still not here. I'm out of tests and don't think I'll get one for a couple of days.
August 4th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Veteran
When af is late, that's when I find the hardest to get my hopes down, even if hpts are bfn. I have done betas in this situation even with the bfns... Needless to say it took quite a bit of champagne, wine and beer for me to get happy again!

August 4th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Still no AF. I just know it will be a bfn if I go buy more tests. It's a lot easier to see a bfn when AF isn't late yet. Now, it's just torture.
August 4th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Just keep breathing.
Hugs to you. Hang in there.
August 4th, 2013, 11:14 AM
#6 otw for us:)
Ok ladies here's a little thought... I'm currently pg, last time was different from all the rest... af was 4 days late before my bfn turned into bfps...

Only mentioning because your body sometimes knows before it lets your mind in on what's up... and I was testing from 5 days BEFORE af was due, both am and pm with the dollar tree cheapies that are super sensitive...
the test the evening of day 3 of af being late was bfn...
the following am I went into the hospital absolutely heartbroken, to get my tubes tied...
the last minute Protocol of a pregnancy test literally as my nurse was preparing to put in my IV to start sedation for surgery made us pause...
5 minutes later another nurse flies into the room and tells me I can have my tubes tied AFTER my baby is born!!!

I didn't have the words to describe the happiness and joy I felt at that moment... needless to say I came home and tested a few more times just yo be sure.... yup, all were bfp...

Sometimes there's a reason we cant know when we want to...
hang in there!!! It will be your turn one of these days!!!
Janisdkh and Rainbow Catcher like this.

Last edited by jessmgt; August 12th, 2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: typo that i didnt catch first time lol
August 4th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
Thanks Jess!!
August 4th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Jess, you give me a little hope. I did take another one today. Bfn. Maybe I will try again tomorrow. I didn't even buy any more than that one though. Ugh, I'm just sooooo sad.
August 4th, 2013, 06:15 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I'm so sad that you are sad . (((HUGS)))
August 4th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you're stuck in limbo. (((Hugs))) I hope you get some answers soon.
August 5th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Thanks again y'all. I appreciate each and every time I read a new post. It's nice to know y'all are out there.

Still no AF. My boobs are ON FIRE! Abdominal pain has finally gone away. I feel very bloated, nauseous, and grouchy. Of course, all of these are AF symptoms for me every month, except for the pain going away. That usually subsides when AF starts.
August 5th, 2013, 06:23 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Hope you get some EPTs and keep testing. I know how frustrating it is when your symptoms can be either AF or pregnancy ones, so I hope you get an answer ASAP!!!

I don't know how sensitive they are, but I got some of those $0.88 Walmart EPTs...can you get any of those?
August 5th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmomma3 View Post
Hope you get some EPTs and keep testing. I know how frustrating it is when your symptoms can be either AF or pregnancy ones, so I hope you get an answer ASAP!!!

I don't know how sensitive they are, but I got some of those $0.88 Walmart EPTs...can you get any of those?
Thank you, and yes. I got a Walmart one yesterday and got a bfn. I've almost convinced myself to get another test today. I'll see. I hate to keep staring at a bfn hoping and praying for a line. I have to stop myself when I'm ripping the thing open and desperately trying to see something in every different light in the house. It's just sad.
August 5th, 2013, 06:45 AM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
Believe me, I've 'been there/done that' and I could kick myself every single time! Doesn't a woman's hCG level double every 48 hours though? That's what I've always understood, so testing every day might not do much good. I would test every other day.

I've personally had way too much heartache testing early/ testing every day. I can't do that to myself anymore.

I really do hope you get your BFP!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search