When did you start trying after your loss?

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 14th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Super Mommy
I am just curious when did you all start trying after your loss? My partner and I are not trying this second because I am trying to recover from my pregnancy loss that happened 5/6 days ago. We will start trying when I am fully recovered and emotionally ready to try again.

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
August 14th, 2013, 01:55 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I'm pretty sure if you have a normal miscarriage, you can start trying as soon as you feel comfortable, both physically and emotionally, of course! I have seen quite a few ladies here on JM belong to one DDC, have an early loss, get pregnant right away again and end up in the next DDC.

I had a D&C and was told not to have intercourse for 2 weeks after that. We waited 3 weeks. It took forever for AF to come back again. So, for me personally, it took a lot longer before I could try again. I had my loss in March and I didn't get AF until the beginning of June. So this is only my second cycle trying. I believe the whole D&C procedure was just a big shock to my body.

Anyway, I really hope you get your BFP very soon!!!
August 14th, 2013, 02:22 PM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
3 mos

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
August 14th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbaby View Post
I'm pretty sure if you have a normal miscarriage, you can start trying as soon as you feel comfortable, both physically and emotionally, of course! I have seen quite a few ladies here on JM belong to one DDC, have an early loss, get pregnant right away again and end up in the next DDC.

I had a D&C and was told not to have intercourse for 2 weeks after that. We waited 3 weeks. It took forever for AF to come back again. So, for me personally, it took a lot longer before I could try again. I had my loss in March and I didn't get AF until the beginning of June. So this is only my second cycle trying. I believe the whole D&C procedure was just a big shock to my body.

Anyway, I really hope you get your BFP very soon!!!
I did not have a normal miscarriage and had to have a D&C performed. Not only I am in completely shattered and broken on losing another pregnancy. My body is in shock because of the D&C procedure that was performed on Friday.

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
August 14th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Janisdkh's Avatar Mommy of soon to be 5!
Send a message via MSN to Janisdkh
I am so sorry for your loss honey <3 Hubby and I started right away. With my 1st loss at 14 weeks which resulted in a D&C.. They suggested we wait 5 months before trying. This was 12 years ago though... Hubby and I tried after 3 months. This last loss July 13th I was told to wait one cycle. I did though passed the baby on my own at home. We kind of listened but didn't. We pulled out and used a condom once. We bd'd so many times during O that I lost count lol

Good luck and FX

August 14th, 2013, 05:58 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We lost this one on July 31...I took misoprostol (baby was measuring 6weeks, but I was 7weeks 3 days)...I think I'm ovulating now, and we are trying...now...
August 14th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Knewton's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a d&c but I started around 8 weeks later... once I had had a full cycle and could track O
August 15th, 2013, 05:35 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
It has varied for me. But for the most part as long as your physically cleared and emotionally ready then your good to go.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 15th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I had a D&C on June 20. Im on my second cycle since then. They are short. 22-23 days. I think the D&C played a part in that. We tried last cycle with no luck. This will be our second cycle trying.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

August 15th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
During my loss I was so upset and just wanted it to be over with so I could move on and start TTC asap. After my loss, after the bleeding stopped and I felt better physically I was terrified to start TTC so we waited until March (loss was 12/21) but only tried on and off until a couple months ago.

Everyone is different, you will know when you are ready to start TTC again. My Dr. told me that we could try asap if we wanted. I know all Dr's are different.
August 15th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have had 2 D&Es, both times my doctor suggested we wait for at least 2 cycles before TTC again. We waited until AF came back each time (once) and started TTC right away. We got lucky both times and I got pregnant with each DD after that first cycle. I had a D&E April 2008, got AF 4 weeks later, got pregnant that next cycle. I had a D&E August 2011, got AF 4 weeks later, got pregnant the next cycle. For me, I needed to jump right back into it once my body stopped bleeding from the loss, that was how I healed as much as I could from the emotional toll it took on me.

My theory, if your body isn't able/ready to get pregnant, it won't. I think a lot of times they suggest the waiting period for dating purposes, but that is what u/s is for right

Hugs!!
August 15th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Six in the City
We have tried again right after. We miscarried on June 7th got pregnant right away and miscarried again on July 19th. So I don't know if that was the best idea or not. I am pregnant again but totally terrified.

Make a pregnancy ticker
Always missing our angels.
August 17th, 2013, 02:17 PM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We waited a year to try again only because emotionally we weren't ready to try again.

August 19th, 2013, 03:12 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
I want to try right away, but I miscarried august 2nd at home (baby was measuring 6 weeks on the dot) and my dr wants me to wait until 2 cycles have passed. That sounds like SO long though! I'm very impatient and emotionally ready now!!!
Team PINK!!!
August 19th, 2013, 06:43 PM
ambitionsofabundance's Avatar Veteran
We tried right away. Had a loss in July. Passed naturally at home a day or so after af was expected, as soon as that bleeding stopped we tried again. A lot of women say they conceived faster after loss, so as long as ours emotionally ready, your body will let you know when it's time to try again

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search