Breaking down, calling the doctor.

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Veteran
So you're in pain, there's a small possibility you could need surgery... And what worries you is that your dh won't want to try again...
That's a strong statement right there... Hope he's aware of it!! I wish I could have a heart to heart with him!!
Good luck, and please update us soon!!
Redneck_Mommy likes this.
August 20th, 2013, 09:57 AM
BrandieLee's Avatar Veteran
Please let us know as soon as possible. I'm very worried. I pray it's not ectopic!
August 20th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for being there y'all. I'm in the waiting room now. I hope they can get me in soon. They were triple booked today, so a squeeze in appointment might take a while. Ugh.

And Marina, I'll send you his number if it comes to that.
August 20th, 2013, 05:38 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Any update dear?? Thinking of you!!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 20th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Howdy. I really don't have much to update. I'm waiting on test results. The doctor ordered a bazillion blood tests, urine culture, and an immediate ultrasound. The ultrasound tech did the external one and did not have a great poker face when she said she needed a transvaginal one. She spent a lot of time pointing that wand thing right at the area that hurts. I couldn't see the screen and she wouldn't say what she saw. She did take a lot of measurements of something though. I saw the pics while I was dressing and couldn't tell anything. Now I'm waiting. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow. Ugh.
August 20th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Just keep breathing.
(((hugs))). I'm sorry you are going through this.
August 21st, 2013, 03:21 AM
Praying you get some answers today! Thinking of you!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

August 21st, 2013, 04:54 AM
~*Tina*~
omg, i cant believe you have to wait for results!! i really hope you get your answers today!! KUP!

7/12/13 @6w

August 21st, 2013, 05:54 AM
Veteran
Well if it was an ectopic they probably wouldn't have you wait!!!
August 21st, 2013, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty arms View Post
Well if it was an ectopic they probably wouldn't have you wait!!!
That worried me too. Now I'm thinking cancer. I thought... Well if it was ectopic, the tech surely would have told the doctor so that we could get a plan together. Now I'm thinking its even worse. My signs and symptoms are still the same, and could fit either of those two possibilities. This sux.
August 21st, 2013, 08:07 AM
BrandieLee's Avatar Veteran
My thoughts are with you. It really sucks when waiting to find out what's wrong. But think of things this way, if it was ectopic they would have told you right away so they can do something about it before it endangers your health. As far as cancer goes, we have some of the best cancer clinics in the world so you will be in good hands. But I wouldn't be surprised if they actually come back with results of a cist. Cists can be extremely painful and you can have heavy bleeding. Which that too is a horrible thing to have.
Whatever the results are we will be here for you no matter what.
My prayers for a fast recovery and less pain are going out for you
August 21st, 2013, 08:46 AM
Thanks Brandie, I'd take a cyst for sure. My signs and symptoms are not consistent with cyst signs and symptoms. But, not everyone is the same. Maybe that's what I've got. I hope they call soon.
August 21st, 2013, 09:02 AM
I'm upset for you! I don't think they would like waiting in pain and with the fear of unknown and you know they have the results. You want me to call them? I can be pretty persistent when I want to be One this is for certain it's not something that is a danger to your life (like ectopic) or they would have done something right away. I also don't see where it would be cancer. I'm pretty sure the doctor would have been called in to see you last night for that, but I could be wrong. Maybe infection/inflammation or a cyst? I have had cysts before and let me tell you they are not pleasant. I was bloated, terrible pains and had heavy bleeding (1 pad each hour). Thinking of you and praying you get answers very soon!
BrandieLee likes this.

My blog

August 21st, 2013, 09:11 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness I am so very sorry Did they say when you would get the results back?? I can not believe they are having you wait in limbo like that I would be calling and harassing them constantly! I so hope you get answers soon.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

August 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM
I'm still not thinking cyst, but I'm hoping I'm wrong. That would be great compared to some other possibilities. They gave me a prescription for some heavy duty pain medication, but I'm not interested in taking it. I don't even like taking OTC pain meds.

As far as calling... When you call the office number, it just goes to a main switchboard for the entire practice which is comprised of multiple locations across the Houston area. So, you don't get a person in the actual office. I did call the nurses station at my particular office, but it's voicemail only. They call back when they can. More waiting.
August 21st, 2013, 10:51 AM
Veteran
I hope this is nothing more than a big scare. That's what my gut tells me!
Waiting sucks!!!
August 21st, 2013, 11:51 AM
~*Tina*~
no update yet?? ive been checking all day!

7/12/13 @6w

August 21st, 2013, 12:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first thought was cyst. I had pain in my side (not as bad as you are describing) and when I had my ultrasound they took a lot of pictures. I don't think the tech's are supposed to go into a lot of detail since that's the docs job. Hopefully that is the case and it's a cyst and not cancer.

I'm the same exact way, while the tech was doing my ultrasound I could see the screen and was soo sick to my stomach about it. I swore I had ovarian cancer since my aunt has it. I just knew I was going to get bad news.

Hopefully they call you soon and give you some answers. I'll keep checking back for an update!
August 21st, 2013, 01:39 PM
They finally called with the results from the ultrasound. It is a cyst! It's the size of a large pear! I have another appointment for the 29th and I'll see if they can do anything. The nurse said we just have to see if it goes away on its own, but I'm not accepting that answer. This HURTS!
MoonAngel702 and BrandieLee like this.
August 21st, 2013, 01:49 PM
Just keep breathing.
WHOA! Holy moly. SO, SO GLAD it is not an ectopic. I've been so worried

But how crappy that you are stuck with this pain! Pear sized cyst! That is nuts. I hope you can get some relief soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search