Breaking down, calling the doctor.

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree36Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2013, 01:55 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
I'm so sorry you have been going through all of this but I'm glad it ended up just being a cyst! Not that it makes it any less painful but thankfully it wasn't any of the other things you were thinking it could be! That is HUGE cyst by the way. I hope they can help you with that soon! Big HUGS!
Redneck_Mommy likes this.
August 21st, 2013, 01:57 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness!!!!! That really is a large cyst!! I am so glad it was not something more serious but I hope you are not in pain for too much longer

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

August 21st, 2013, 02:32 PM
Veteran
Yay!!!!! I knew it!!! So so so happy!!! I mean I'm sorry for you and the pain you feel, but right now I am extremely happy this won't affect your chances of conceiving!!!
Yay!!!
August 21st, 2013, 02:54 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks y'all. Does anyone know what the normal course of action would be? Wait and see isn't sitting well with me. From what I've googled that would be normal for a small cyst. Not a large one. Any ideas or experience with large cysts?
August 21st, 2013, 03:14 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I'm sorry your still in pain but so relieved that it's just a cyst (and not something more serious). Cysts run in my family... My mom had several removed when she was a teenager and my sister had one that wrapped itself around her fallopian tube when she was in her early 20's. Hers had to be removed because they were working her tube would rupture. Mine always have burst on there own and ranged from the size of a pea to the size of a grapefruit. They monitor me each time and make sure it wasn't getting larger (if it is growing rapidly they will remove it quickly). They always gave me the option of surgery but cautioned me against it because they can cause scar tissue by removing it. I've always been given pain meds that basically knock me out until they bursts and usually right around when they burst AF arrived. Hope that gives you some insight. And if you have any other questions please let me know!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 21st, 2013, 05:00 PM
~*Tina*~
oh my gosh!! thats huge! I am relieved to hear its just a cyst though. hopefully it goes away soon!!!

7/12/13 @6w

August 21st, 2013, 05:23 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
That's HUGE!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry! take a pain med! man!!! I'm glad it's neither of the alternative!!
August 22nd, 2013, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Dang! That's big! Well a cycst isn't wonderful news but better than other alternatives!
August 22nd, 2013, 07:23 AM
Veteran
http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Pa...822T1016395904
So I thought there could be a way to drain the cyst with a US guided needle, but apparently they can't do that. So it seems that for cysts that are too painfull, or that are larger than 5 cm, they can do surgery. During the surgery the doctor decides if he needs to remove the ovary, or if he is able to remove just the cyst.
But of course most cysts almost dissapear after a few weeks, so... Hang in there!!
I've never heard of any meds to trest this, just pain medicine.
August 22nd, 2013, 07:38 AM
Thanks so much! I did decide to take some OTC pain meds last night and that helped. I've read varying reports on how to get the cysts to go away at home. Some say pain meds and sex lol. Some say a toxin pulling wrap. Some say different herbs and roots. Maybe I'll try some of these.
August 22nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
BrandieLee's Avatar Veteran
Oh my yachts huge! I am soooooo happy it's not cancer or ectopic. I was so worried for you.
I'm sorry you have to wait for some relief. Hopefully this will all be over soon.
I don't have experience with a cist as large as yours. Mine was small so it was a hurry up and wait kind of thing for me. But there has got to be something they can do for you.
Prayers are still out for you
August 26th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Veteran
How are you feeling lately? I missed all of this, I'm so sorry you have to go through this! I have had multiple cysts, some have ruptured on their own (the first time it happened I thought it was appendicitis), I had surgery for one, and I probably still have one now that has been there a year or so. If it is stable they will probably just watch it, but the one I got removed was about 2 inches. They watched it during my first pregnancy and for about 6 months after delivery. They decided to remove it at that time because of the risk of torsion to the ovary. Torsion is when the weight of the cyst twists the ovary and blood vessels, which can cause massive bleeding. I would honestly believe that yours would be removed ASAP, especially given the amount of pain you are/were in. I don't think it would be safe for it to rupture on it's own at this point, are you having follow-up ultrasounds or exams? I don't want to be an over-reactor but I would definitely be concerned with waiting. I hope you are feeling better, sending tons of healing thoughts and prayers for you!
10/2012 (7weeks)
1/2013 (8 weeks)
10/2013 (11 weeks, trisomy 21)

IVF#1 - June '14
24 eggs, 18 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI
4 blasts sent for PGS, 2 chromosomal normal boys

IVF #2 - September '14
August 28th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daolive14 View Post
How are you feeling lately? I missed all of this, I'm so sorry you have to go through this! I have had multiple cysts, some have ruptured on their own (the first time it happened I thought it was appendicitis), I had surgery for one, and I probably still have one now that has been there a year or so. If it is stable they will probably just watch it, but the one I got removed was about 2 inches. They watched it during my first pregnancy and for about 6 months after delivery. They decided to remove it at that time because of the risk of torsion to the ovary. Torsion is when the weight of the cyst twists the ovary and blood vessels, which can cause massive bleeding. I would honestly believe that yours would be removed ASAP, especially given the amount of pain you are/were in. I don't think it would be safe for it to rupture on it's own at this point, are you having follow-up ultrasounds or exams? I don't want to be an over-reactor but I would definitely be concerned with waiting. I hope you are feeling better, sending tons of healing thoughts and prayers for you!
Thanks for the info! I think it is healing/shrinking/oozing?/something. I had an appointment for tomorrow but cancelled it since it seems to be getting better. I'll go back if it gets worse. I was rather taken aback when they said just wait with such a large item in there. But, that seems to be working out. Now I'll just wait for AF to arrive and hopefully get back into what DH thinks is ntnp... But is actually TTC, shhhhh.
August 28th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Veteran
I am so happy to read your update! I was so worried about you I guess oozing is good, then it will hopefully just deflate on its own. Definitely if you get anymore severe pain, get it checked out. I hope AF gets the memo and shows soon, and your TTC secret is safe with us
10/2012 (7weeks)
1/2013 (8 weeks)
10/2013 (11 weeks, trisomy 21)

IVF#1 - June '14
24 eggs, 18 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI
4 blasts sent for PGS, 2 chromosomal normal boys

IVF #2 - September '14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search