Worst.Luck.Ever!

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 09:34 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Just got home from the doctors (I've been feeling rough for 3ish days). I have.............. Shingles & a viral infection. I can never catch a break & I'm sorry but the doctor needs to go back to school The doctor asked me when my last period was and I told him and told him I was only 3dpo so it's too early to tell. He proceeded to tell me oh no a urine sample with definitely tell us the day you conceive (really? because I'm pretty sure that would be a miracle test ). So I finally just agreed to take it (fully knowing it was not going to be positive). The nurse comes in and says "it was negative but had a slight line, so he putting you on the safer meds." Ummm okay? So now I'm sick, in pain, in the LONG 2WW and had a slight line a 3dpo? Haha oh my.... crazy day.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 23rd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Veteran
You're a medical miracle ! Maybe he will write a paper about you....
3dpo?? Hum, so next week we'll have a lot of sticks to look at...
August 23rd, 2013, 10:54 AM
Just keep breathing.
Ugh, so sorry to hear about the shingles and viral infection. Shingles is crazy- two of my coworkers had it (in times of high-stress). I hope you get through this quickly! Get some rest
August 23rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
BrandieLee's Avatar Veteran
3dpo with a slight line wow!ˇ

Well I sure hope you get to feeling better real soon. Not feeling the best really sucks.

Hugs
August 23rd, 2013, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you feel better soon! I would have asked to see that test! LOL
August 23rd, 2013, 12:10 PM
Lol I told my mom knowing how strange they were they might have been looking at the control line If I get a BFP in 11 days or so then I will say wow haha but right now... I think they are nuts and I'm to annoyed to think about it more. They are thinking the viral infection caused the shingles but what is super strange is the nurse said they have had over 25 cases of it there this week and my mom went this AM and has it too

PS... I am not testing until AF is late I have patience now even with over 50 IC's laying around

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

August 23rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
Veteran
Oh my! Yeah, he could have paid a little more attention during his OB/GYN rotation. Sorry about the shingles, my sister had it several years ago and it was very painful. I hope you get better quickly and get a bold line on that test next time!

10/2012 (7weeks)
1/2013 (8 weeks)
10/2013 (11 weeks, trisomy 21)

My Ovulation Chart
August 23rd, 2013, 01:34 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Oh my gosh..how horrible! that must be SUPER painful! I hope you get to feeling better very soon!

And about the faint line...I would be curious to know if maybe you ovulated sooner than you think possibly and...quite possibly, it could be the start of a That would be very exciting!

Feel better soon!!!
August 23rd, 2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daolive14 View Post
Oh my! Yeah, he could have paid a little more attention during his OB/GYN rotation. Sorry about the shingles, my sister had it several years ago and it was very painful. I hope you get better quickly and get a bold line on that test next time!
Yeah he also said if I'm on CD 24 that I would have ovulated 10 days ago not 3 because you ovulate at CD 14.... Good thing he is NOT an OBGYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonAngel702 View Post
Oh my gosh..how horrible! that must be SUPER painful! I hope you get to feeling better very soon!

And about the faint line...I would be curious to know if maybe you ovulated sooner than you think possibly and...quite possibly, it could be the start of a That would be very exciting!

Feel better soon!!!
I highly doubt it because I had a ton of EWCM and O pains but hey anything is possible. I still won't test for awhile I'll let you ladies go crazy first

My blog

August 23rd, 2013, 01:56 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I'm so sorry about the shingles and the viral infection. I hope that you feel better soon.

I'm sorry that the doctor wasn't very knowledgeable. It always freaks me out when doctors get stuff like that wrong. I know that they are people and make mistakes, too, but it seems like he doesn't have much basic knowledge of basic gynecology. LOL
August 23rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly721 View Post
I'm so sorry about the shingles and the viral infection. I hope that you feel better soon.

I'm sorry that the doctor wasn't very knowledgeable. It always freaks me out when doctors get stuff like that wrong. I know that they are people and make mistakes, too, but it seems like he doesn't have much basic knowledge of basic gynecology. LOL
Thanks dear! Yeah I think I was a little too freaked out by his lack of knowledge. But at least I have the medication to get better (hopefully sooner rather than later).

My blog

August 23rd, 2013, 07:18 PM
ambitionsofabundance's Avatar Veteran
I should come see your doc!!

It seems like there's been a shingles epidemic this year. I have quite a few friends that have had it, so I hope you feel better soon.
August 24th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitionsofabundance View Post
I should come see your doc!!

It seems like there's been a shingles epidemic this year. I have quite a few friends that have had it, so I hope you feel better soon.
I know right now of over 10 people that have it (and not people I've been in contact with). How crazy is that!! Ugh I got zero sleep last night just ready for it to be gone.

My blog

August 24th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
Weird - not a contagious thing, but so strange that you know so many people to get it at one time. I hope you feel better soon!!

I want to see that preg test they did!!! haha FIngers crossed for you
August 24th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombdini View Post
Weird - not a contagious thing, but so strange that you know so many people to get it at one time. I hope you feel better soon!!

I want to see that preg test they did!!! haha FIngers crossed for you
Yeah it is weird!! They say it's not contagious but it truly makes me wonder...

And yeah thinking back I wish I would have asked to see the test but I was trying to get out of there

My blog

August 25th, 2013, 04:31 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I wish there was a test to be able to tell us a day after we conceive! That would be the best thing ever.

Fingers crossed for you! I really hope you get a BFP, you out of all of us deserve it!

And I am super sorry about the shingles.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
August 25th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylakay View Post
I wish there was a test to be able to tell us a day after we conceive! That would be the best thing ever.

Fingers crossed for you! I really hope you get a BFP, you out of all of us deserve it!

And I am super sorry about the shingles.
Thank you dear! And yes that would definitely be the BEST invention ever!

My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search