Hcg?

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Emma and Avas mommy
  • 1 Post By .:Shortcake:.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2013, 12:29 PM
BrandieLee's Avatar Veteran
So during my pregnancy my hcg level only got as high as 69. 1 or 2 days after the mc it had dropped dropped all the way to 24. I don't remember if it was one day or two cuz I had my blood drawn a total of 13 times. Today makes the 14th time. So anyways 3 days after it dropped to 24 it had again dropped to 15. Here we are now 13days after the mc and approximately 9 days after my hcg was 15 and now my hcg is only at 14. I'm confused. My Dr and I both thought it would definitely be at zero by now. So I'm going in for another draw on the third. Does this mean I could already be pregnant again? Or is the hcg just hanging around? We already confirmed that I passed everything during the mc. Any thoughts or advice would help
August 28th, 2013, 02:11 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After my first loss my HCG levels hung around for a few months with a slow drop off but that was due to the type of loss I had. I don't think 13 days after a miscarriage your HCG levels could be up again due to a new pregnancy. Your body likely has not had time to process the loss, ovulate, and implant already.

Did your doctor have any theories about why your HCG level would still be elevated?

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

August 28th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can tell you that there is no rhyme or reason from what I can tell with how long it takes for numbers to drop. Is there a possibility that you could be pregnant again? This happened to a friend of mine, got pregnant 15 days after m/c so she never had a 0 HCG draw just started rising again.
I started at over 7800 (9 wks 3 days) so I was in a totally different situation but it has taken over 17 days for me to get below 50 where a Dollar Store test showed negative. Dr did a blood draw today to see exactly how long HCG levels are so we can start trying again if I am less than 5.
Good luck and don't lose faith that everything will work out.

August 28th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Yes there is a possibility of pregnancy again. We have dtd since bleeding stopped. Which it stopped at four days.

Dr. Didn't really say much.

I won't give up hope or faith. Things will work out in God's time
August 28th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Veteran
I agree, never know how our bodies will react. Since it's possible to be a new pregnancy, I hope the numbers go up with your next draw. Will you test at home or wait for the blood work? Ugh, sorry you are in limbo
10/2012 (7weeks)
1/2013 (8 weeks)
10/2013 (11 weeks, trisomy 21)

IVF#1 - June '14
24 eggs, 18 mature, 10 fertilized with ICSI
4 blasts sent for PGS, 2 chromosomal normal boys

IVF #2 - September '14
August 28th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daolive14 View Post
I agree, never know how our bodies will react. Since it's possible to be a new pregnancy, I hope the numbers go up with your next draw. Will you test at home or wait for the blood work? Ugh, sorry you are in limbo

Honestly I haven't really decided. Knowing me I will probably test at home. But we will see. I'm trying now to stress over it though.
August 28th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is so exciting I think. I hope that it is a new pregnancy for you. I got some tests today to start testing in a couple of days.
BrandieLee likes this.

2 beautiful angels with me and 6 angels up in heaven.

August 29th, 2013, 03:45 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
that it's a new pregnancy and your number rise with your next draw As far HCG it's just how long your body decides to hold on to it. My numbers dropped really quickly sometimes and others was sooooooo slow. KUP dear!
BrandieLee likes this.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

August 31st, 2013, 09:49 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Good luck to you!

If it's not a new pregnancy, my 2nd loss took forever for my HCG to drop to 0 and it never got very high to begin with. It was brutal.

Keep us posted!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search