Is anyone lurking on their old due date club?

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ally11
  • 1 Post By butterfly721
  • 1 Post By .:Shortcake:.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2013, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know this is an odd question but I found myself on my old duedate club board last nite. I hadn't gone back since I announced my loss but found myself there last night when I couldn't sleep. I just sat there (sobbing) reading what they were going through and wishing that I could be relating to it. I am sure that this is all part of my hormones dropping and being overly emotional but I feel alone and out of the norm.
Have any of you returned and found yourself jealous and even annoyed abit when they are complaining about insomnia, indigestion, and other things that we would kill for right now? PLEASE dont think I am a bad person.
missy123 likes this.

August 31st, 2013, 08:48 AM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
You are so not a bad person. I can't do it personally because it would hurt too much. If you find there are therapeutic benefits of keeping up in there, then great.. but if it ends up being more painful than anything then maybe it isn't the best idea.
August 31st, 2013, 09:18 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
My due date would have been in April of next year. I haven't even been on the board because I know it would hurt too much. I didn't announce my pregnancy on there because we didn't tell anyone except for a few close friends.
August 31st, 2013, 05:55 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I peer in mine once in a while, because one of the members is in my Dec 2011 playroom, so I check on her from time to time but that is it.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
August 31st, 2013, 11:44 PM
BrandieLee's Avatar Veteran
I too was due in April next year. I am always lurking around in there. Would give anything to be with them right now. But maybe we will be in the next ddc together
September 1st, 2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandieLee View Post
I too was due in April next year. I am always lurking around in there. Would give anything to be with them right now. But maybe we will be in the next ddc together
BrandieLee likes this.
September 2nd, 2013, 03:49 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
First: YOU ARE NOT A BAD PERSON! It is completely normal to lurk there after a loss. It's like a train wreck... you can't look away no matter how hard you try. I used to lurk after my losses but eventually I made myself stop. I was essentially torturing myself.
Second: We are here for you! Please don't ever feel like you can't post about something. We understand, we get it. That is one thing that I love about this board. We are the most supportive women out there!!
missy123 likes this.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 2nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My due date would have been in 10 days. I never go back to the Sept. DDC. My SIL who is due in 8 days, and who I see every few days, talks constantly about cribs, bibs and breastfeeding. That's all the painful reminder I need.

Wife to Big Bull 40
Mommy to Big Brother our first Miracle Feb 24 2006
Mommy to Little Brother, our Rainbow, March 24, 2014

Never Forgetting our Angels 2012, 2013
September 2nd, 2013, 05:31 PM
My due date would have been may 17 2010. I never forget that day just like I don't forget August 17 when I had my ectopic pregnancy. I would like to say that it gets easier but it's still really hard. Ivhavent been ttc for the last 3 years. I'm always to that it will happen but sometimes I don't think that
September 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
Super Mommy
I haven't gone back since I told them my loss. I feel like it would be to emotionally hard for me, I am already having trouble dealing with the loss already.

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
September 2nd, 2013, 07:43 PM
I will admit that I am curious to lurk in mine even though I never officially joined. Like I said in my earlier post, we didn't tell anyone about the pregnancy except a few close friends. But I think I am going to try to avoid lurking there because I know it will just make me really, really sad. I don't begrudge other ladies expecting their babies in April their happiness, but I'm just not emotionally at a point where I can read any of the posts. It makes me too sad about the baby I lost.
September 3rd, 2013, 11:42 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I peeked in on the July DDC (now playroom) when they were having their babies just to see how everything went for them. Every now and then I peek in on the April one especially since I have some friends in there but I really really try not to because the pain catches up with me every time.

You are not alone.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

September 3rd, 2013, 11:54 AM
Just keep breathing.
I lurked a bit after my first loss (May 13 DDC) but then just couldn't keep up. I also should have been part of the Sept 13 and Dec 13 DDCs. :/
September 3rd, 2013, 06:47 PM
Veteran
I did for a while in the July DDC but then it got to painful a reminder of what i lost

Little One never forgotten 10/17/2013

Sarah & Michael
Hoping for a little miracle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search