Temping tips

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 8th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
So I already stink at temping. Woke up and went straight to the bathroom before realizing. I REALLY don't want to set an alarm though... guess I have to train myself. Anyone have any tips for remembering (OUTSIDE of an alarm?)
September 9th, 2013, 09:38 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it just takes time. I used to have that problem a lot but now if I open my eyes the first thing I do is glance at the clock and see how close it is to temping time. It just takes training. For me starting with an alarm was really the only way (especially since it needs to be at the same time every day) But now I dont need the alarm. I almost always wake up naturally and temp just because I am so used to it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

September 9th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Knewton's Avatar Super Mommy
Do you get up around the same time daily? Then you can just temp. Put it on the night stand and just TRY TRY TRY to remember. I am going to start today again hopefully. Good luck, once you start youll get into a routine.
September 10th, 2013, 06:53 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Honestly I think it just isn't for some people. I know personally it was causing me more headaches/stress than it was helping. I vary rarely get enough sleep, I toss/turn all night and that was causing my temps to be off. Sometimes I would temp early sometimes late depending on when I woke up. Half the time I would completely forget because I was dragging myself out of bed to get ready for work. Don't beat yourself up about it. Try it out and if you can't remember or it's stressing you out then I say it's not worth it.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 10th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Well this is new for me, figured i'd try to to try to learn more about my cycles. My NP said you don't have to do it at the exact same time (if you really do, then it's not going to be for me), but rather that you do it after sleep and before getting up because the trend will still be there. I get up at the same time M-F, but I live to sleep in on the weekends . My problem will be waking up and going straight to the bathroom lol ... I've done well with it the past 2 days... I think it'll be like you guys said, just a matter of routine.

Question though - I do move around a bit in my sleep - and get hot/cold change out covers a lot etc. w/o knowing it - will that affect results enough to not see a jump? I did it at the same time yesterday and the day before and it was .4 difference! geez! I was hot when I woke up this morning and cool the day before. I had read that the jump for O can be super low like 0.2-0.4 degrees, so that got me wondering. I'm going to stick it out - can't hurt anything.. but curious on any thoughts!! Thanks ladies, ya'll rock!
September 10th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombdini View Post
Well this is new for me, figured i'd try to to try to learn more about my cycles. My NP said you don't have to do it at the exact same time (if you really do, then it's not going to be for me), but rather that you do it after sleep and before getting up because the trend will still be there. I get up at the same time M-F, but I live to sleep in on the weekends . My problem will be waking up and going straight to the bathroom lol ... I've done well with it the past 2 days... I think it'll be like you guys said, just a matter of routine.

Question though - I do move around a bit in my sleep - and get hot/cold change out covers a lot etc. w/o knowing it - will that affect results enough to not see a jump? I did it at the same time yesterday and the day before and it was .4 difference! geez! I was hot when I woke up this morning and cool the day before. I had read that the jump for O can be super low like 0.2-0.4 degrees, so that got me wondering. I'm going to stick it out - can't hurt anything.. but curious on any thoughts!! Thanks ladies, ya'll rock!
My doctor told me that if you toss/turn and are someone who doesn't sleep well it will affect your temp. As well as if you get hot/cold flashes. Sometimes I sleep with a fan on me and sometimes I don't and I had very noticeable changes in my temp from that.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

My blog

September 10th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
I have crazy patterns w/ my temps. I notice a lot of changes based on drinking/not drinking, sleeping in an hour or so, sleeping patterns. Some mornings if I take my temp a second time, after being up & around, it's actually LOWER than my pre-waking temp. ???

I set an alarm (w/ nice soothing music) for about 20 minutes before my "real" wakeup time on my iPad and keep it, and the thermometer, on my nightstand. That makes it slightly less of a PITA. But only slightly!

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12
September 11th, 2013, 05:43 PM
I do move around quite a bit, so I will have to keep that in mind. I hope to see more of a trend. Great advice ladies !
September 18th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Love this post!! Thanks guys!! I have only been temping for about a month.. but it is literally driving me crazy!!!!! I do not think it is for me. My dr said he thought I was stressing myself and wasting money getting fancy OPKs.. however at least I understood those.

I worry that I do not get good sleep A LOT!!! And sometimes I wake early, and try to go back to sleep.. but then do not. ( For example I try to temp 430 or 5 however some days I will wake to pee at 2 or 3 and attempt to go back to sleep but can not ... or fall back asleep after being up an hour).

Also some of my temps are super low, like in the 96 range. On my chart my Dr gave me, that isn't even on the chart. I called to ask him about that and he said not to chart the temps anymore... just to write them down and when I follow up after 1 more cycle, we will chart them together. Lol.. I think he just wants me to stop freaking out.
September 19th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc0428 View Post
Love this post!! Thanks guys!! I have only been temping for about a month.. but it is literally driving me crazy!!!!! I do not think it is for me. My dr said he thought I was stressing myself and wasting money getting fancy OPKs.. however at least I understood those.

I worry that I do not get good sleep A LOT!!! And sometimes I wake early, and try to go back to sleep.. but then do not. ( For example I try to temp 430 or 5 however some days I will wake to pee at 2 or 3 and attempt to go back to sleep but can not ... or fall back asleep after being up an hour).

Also some of my temps are super low, like in the 96 range. On my chart my Dr gave me, that isn't even on the chart. I called to ask him about that and he said not to chart the temps anymore... just to write them down and when I follow up after 1 more cycle, we will chart them together. Lol.. I think he just wants me to stop freaking out.
If it is stressing you out that much I would not temp. My reasoning behind this is stress can really affect your body, your cycle and just in general your relationships/life. Stick it out for the month if you feel you can but if not then don't force it. It's not for everyone.

My blog

September 19th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Super Mommy
Interesting!! I have tried temping before but I sucked at it so I quit! I just don't understand it at all, however it is easier and will help pin point what is going on. If only, I could get it right :/

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
September 19th, 2013, 05:58 PM
My stuff's all over the place, but I'm going to just keep temping and not stress over it. It may take a few cycles for me to see an actual trend, and patience is what I need for this, and I'm trying to become better at being patient. (so hard! haha)... don't let it drive you crazy. Just write it down, let it be, as non-linear is it may be, and look at it down the road for trends.. that's my plan anyway

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search