aww yeah!

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
AF is gone and I'm elated!! My husband is going to be as well.. man w/ all the infections and everything, we really haven't had any close time :wink:

Does anyone have a pH problem? My NP said that DTD so much can cause a change in my pH (making things super comfy for bacteria) and that may be why I've gotten 2 in the past month or so. If so - what do you do?!?! She told me there's OTC stuff, but that it's not approved for pregnancy, and since we're TTC, that's no bueno.
September 10th, 2013, 05:07 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take cranberry pills, which are said to help make it so that bacteria does not set in. It really has seemed to help and my OB said its safe to take even during pregnancy. They also say citrus helps prevent the bacteria from hanging around... Worth a try at least, IMO.

Good luck!
September 10th, 2013, 05:11 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I actually wash twice a day with Summer's Eve Simply Sensitive. It is something my OB recommended and it says PH balanced on it. I know they also say to make sure you use the restroom at least 1 hour after DTD to help clear everything out.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 10th, 2013, 06:56 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Yay for AF being gone!

I don't have a ph problem, but I do like to use the Summer's Eve deodorant spray.
September 10th, 2013, 09:06 PM
BrandieLee's Avatar Veteran
I used to have that problem but then I started drinking drinkable yogurt. It comes in a big bottle at king soopers/krogers and it has probiotics in it which makes everything great and stable down there. I usually drink an ounce a day. I got the idea off Google and asked my Dr about the truth behind . She backed it up and I haven't had an issue in a couple years
September 11th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the Probiotics in the yogurt. You can also take probiotics, I get mine from a Health Food store. I know some girls that swear by the one's from Walgreens.
September 11th, 2013, 08:54 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad AF is gone!!!! the other ladies. I take cranberry pills (suggested by my doc) eat yogurt every day, use the restoom with in the hour after DTD. . . all those things I hope some of that works for you!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

September 11th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried rePHresh? It's wonderful. Last year I was diagnosed with chronic cervicitis (sp?) and my dr said it was from ph imbalance. She recommended it and it does work well. It says you can use it after dtd. Just to get things back to normal ph.

September 11th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
the rePHresh stuff isn't technically OK for pregnancy - that's what I was told so she told me because of that she won't recommend it - just wanted you to know, Danielle.

Thanks for all the tips ladies Got some shoppings to do! I don't get UTIs (but always urinate after... but that's to prevent UTIs I was always told), but will go for some cranberry and probiotics Thanks!! Ya'll are awesome

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search