Question - Natural MC / PG / AF

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Hey all,
I'm new here. I had a natural MC @ 10w on 8/17. Baby stopped developing @ 7w+.
Anyway, I am wondering how long it took for your period to come back after 1st trimester MC. I have read both that the MC both is and isnt your AF, so I am not sure if I can expect it within 4 weeks?
I am charting / doing OPKs for the first time in my life and my temps / CM are both super erratic, so I can't even predict where I am in my cycle.

I know everyone's different, so I guess I am just looking for a ballpark. My doc is NOT helpful (switching if I get pg again).

Thanks!
September 12th, 2013, 08:25 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so sorry for your loss. Have your HCG levels reach zero/negative yet? They can do a blood test to make sure they are negative. Once they are negative your body should gear up and ovulate and then AF 2 weeks later. Sometimes your body will not O after a loss. They usually say 4-8 weeks until AF arrives after a loss but each person is different and even each loss is different. I wish I could give you more of an answer but after a loss our bodies are going through a lot. Another thing I wanted to say is if your not happy with your OB I would not wait to switch. I would go find a new one now. Have an appointment and see how you feel with them. If you don't care for them try another one. Having an OB that your happy with that works with you is AMAZING and so helpful when TTC but even more important when TTCAL. I went through 3 before I found mine and I wouldn't trade her for the world. I travel a little to see her but to me it's worth it. She listens to me. She knows that I know my body better than any doctor. I can tell when something is wrong. It's a wonderful feeling having someone on your side Hope that helps you some dear!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 12th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Just keep breathing.
After 2 of my 3 losses, AF came right about 4 weeks after the mc (one was a D&C, the other was at home induced by cytotec).

As I understand, on average AF returns between 4-6 weeks later, but can be as much as 8 weeks before your doc will be concerned and do something to induce your period (most likely put you on a month of bc pills).
September 13th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My 1st loss was a natural m/c. AF came right back on schedule even though it took several weeks for my HCG to hit 0 (you can still ovulate with HCG in your system).

September 13th, 2013, 02:39 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I had a D&C on August 16th and I am still waiting for AF to come. I'm thinking that it might come on Monday because I usually seem to have a 32 day cycle, but I have heard from others that sometimes it can take a little while for your cycle to return to normal after a D&C.

September 14th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
I had a complete miscarriage, and I believe it took me around 5 weeks (after the bleeding stopped) to get AF. We know how nervewracking it is - hang in there.

September 14th, 2013, 12:48 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I had my first MC, which was natural, AF arrived almost exactly 5 weeks after the bleeding from the MC stopped. Them, i know I ovulated in that cycle, as that is when I got pregnant. I also have 30-32 day cycles. So, while every person and loss is different, it seems as though you are right on schedule, in my opinion .... I hope all goes well and you are able to get back to TTC again soon!
September 14th, 2013, 08:59 PM
BrandieLee's Avatar Veteran
I had my natural m/c August 15th and I just started af today.
September 16th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies.
I have no idea if my hcg levels reached 0. I got a negative pregnancy test just a couple days after the m/c. I know that could mean its still below 20ml and in my system. The doctor didn't order blood tests.

I think I ovulated last week right after I posted this, so hopefully two more weeks, which would put me right under 6 weeks.

Thanks again, all, and good luck TTC!
September 16th, 2013, 09:21 AM
BrandieLee's Avatar Veteran
I also wanted to say that while yes I did have my loss on 8/15 and I did start af on 9/14, I also still have hcg in my system. It's at a level of 9 right now
September 16th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Interesting, Brandie. I didn't realize you could still have HCG and still get AF.
September 16th, 2013, 09:37 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss

You can still have elevated HCG levels and ovulate and get AF! I was surprised by this too but I had 3 cycles after my first loss with elevated HCG and still Od. (I had a very atypical type of miscarriage though that is not the norm)

I also really agree with Katie. I would switch OBGYNs now. I switched and my new one is so helpful and supportive which I think is very important when TTCAL. I hope you find a doctor you are comfortable with. It has made a huge difference in my life.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

September 16th, 2013, 09:41 AM
I forgot to address that suggestion--I decided that if I need more medical attention related to this m/c (like not getting my period), I am going to go to my old doctor.

I am going to make an appointment with a new OB that a family friend recommended to me for a TTC / pre-prenatal appointment. I'll meet (interview!) with the OB and also get my prenatal vaccines. I think I need whooping cough. I want to find someone because in case I do get pg, I want to have my progesterone level checked ASAP. My last doctor mentioned to me on the phone once that my levels were low (7.1 @ 8 weeks), but I ordered my medical records from them to bring to the new doctor and there's no record of progesterone levels anywhere. So frustrating!
September 16th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm wondering when my AF will show too. I'm only 3 days from the start of my M/C but I seriously want to ttc again.

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search