Bleeding, ovulation, and HCG decreasing?

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope it's ok that I'm asking these questions...

We had our m/c on Friday - 9/13. I'm bleeding now like a period, and wondering how long does this usually last for? The bleeding, is it similar to after a birth? Weeks?? I've never lost one at the end of the of the first trimester, only at the beginning so I'm assuming there was more blood at this point.

Second, Once the bleeding stops is that when your body starts to get back into it's normal hormonal swing? I got pregnant with our son before I had AF after my last m/c so I know that I ovulated before then. But that was earlier on in the pregnancy and my hcg wasn't nearly as high as it was this time. is there anything that I could do to support and help my hormones regulate?

Which brings me to my last question, I know you can ovulate with hcg in your system but does anyone know how much? Mine was over 200,000 when we lost the baby. How long does that usually take to leave your body? What about the progesterone?

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

September 16th, 2013, 01:31 PM
I have no kids, so I don't know if its the same as after birth, but after my 10w loss, I bled very heavy for two days--to the point where I was wearing adult diapers and changing them every hour. Lots of huge clots after I passed the embryo. I had normal period bleeding for 3 days after that and then spotting for 1 day. So, 6 days total.

My hcg was 50,000 last I had it checked, and I started peeing negative tests beginning 4/5 days after the bleeding stopped.

I ovulated 4 weeks after my miscarriage started, to the day. I'm still awaiting my period.

I'm sure its different for everyone, but that's my experience. Hang in there!
September 16th, 2013, 01:40 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Of course it is alright to ask questions!! Please feel free to ask anything! I have only had D&Cs so I am not sure if that is the same thing but my first loss was at 12 weeks. I bled for about 7 days heavily and then it went to spotting from there.

As far as ovulation goes - I know it is different for everyone but I ovulated 27 days after the surgery. My HCG dropped very quickly after the surgery and was 180 when I ovulated. Everyone's levels take a different amount of time to fall so it just depends on your scenario.

I did a ton of research after my first loss and discussed with my doctor how to make the levels fall faster and basically got the same answer from everywhere. There really is nothing you can do. The best thing is to just try and stay healthy, take your prenatals, go back to exercising when you are able, and eat healthily.

I hope your body heals quickly.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

September 16th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Just keep breathing.
I too had a D&C at the end of the first trimester back in November. I bled like a period for 3 full weeks. Then I had a normal-length AF a week later, exactly 28 days past my procedure. I'm not sure if I ovulated sometime while I was still bleeding, or what happened with my hcg. The following month I ovulated as usual.

I don't know about anything to do to support and regulate hormones. I'd say give your body a chance to restore and regulate itself. If you don't get AF again within 4-6 weeks, or if you have other symptoms, or other reasons to be concerned about hormone levels, then call your doc. Do what you can to sleep well, eat well, etc.
September 16th, 2013, 04:09 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I had to have a D&C in August, and the bleeding was light, and only lasted on and off for 3 days. I had been 7 weeks. But then, my periods haven't been heavy since I went off the BCP, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I'm still waiting for AF. I usually have about a 32 day cycle.

I am so sorry for your loss and I'm sorry that you are having to go through this. I know it is a very difficult time, and wondering what is going on with your body just makes it harder.
September 17th, 2013, 07:14 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
As the other ladies said that's what we are here for! Please ask any/all questions you have. As far as the questions I wish I had answers for you. Your body normally doesn't ovulate until your HCG levels have reached negative (below 5) BUT some women do ovulate before. After my losses I bled anywhere from 3 days to 2 1/2 weeks. I normally O'd between 2-8 weeks after my losses and a few times did not O at all until after AF. My HCG took quite some time to drop with my first loss since I was farther along. I hope that gives you some answers.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search