My shocking Saturday (coworker pg ment)

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Redneck_Mommy
  • 1 Post By Danielle.W
  • 2 Post By .:Shortcake:.
  • 1 Post By butterfly721
  • 1 Post By Rainbow Catcher

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2013, 07:30 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, we had this huge seminar that our company was putting on, this weekend. There were more problems than a few getting everything done. Finally, we were do or die, and the presentations began. My coworker (she's 6 months pg), were sitting in the back if the room, letting the guests have the front seats. I listen best while I draw, so I was in the process of drawing a fine orangutan, when I looked over and thought my coworker was drawing too. She wasn't drawing, she was writing a note. I jokingly whispered... Are you writing me a note? She said yes. Lol. Anyway, she finished the note and put it in her purse. I wanted to read it if it was mine so I looked at he'd like "hey, I want that". She whispered that I could have it later. The seminar went on and the day was done, finally. Now, I ask for the note. Nope. We were at the bar in this fancy hotel where the seminar was held. (She had a Shirley Temple). I'm two margaritas in wondering why she wrote a note to me that I couldn't read. I finally convince her to give it to me but under the condition that I don't read it until I get home. Ugh really?! So, I abide. The note was long; a full page. She talked about how sad she was for my loss last December. How she and her mom prayed for me each day. How she doesn't deserve to be pregnant. (I don't think that but that was her words). How she wished it was me instead of her. She wrote that she has decided to dedicate her pregnancy to me. (I am not sure what that really means, but I'm sure it is very special and meaningful). She ended the note asking if I would be her baby's god parent. Wow. What an honor. I talked to her today. I told her that I would. It will be very difficult, but awesome at the same time.

Funny part of the relationship between us, that I didn't mention is... I am tall, blonde, and well built. I'm seriously redneck. I live in a redneck town, my husband and I and our kids shoot guns and bows, we ride horses, raise our own food, etc.. My coworker... She is straight outta the hood. She's a short, heavy, black woman. She lives in an apartment, she knows city stuff, she is just the complete opposite of me in so many ways. But, we have gotten along, since day one, like we have been friends forever.

I'm really not sure why she picked me. She has lots of friends, and lots of friends that she's known waaaaay longer than me. I'm very curious though. I may ask her, but I'm afraid I'll make her cry. She's super emotional lately. For instance, when we have a meeting lately, she has to come in, leave for a bit and come back. She said she gets too upset being around me, knowing my circumstance and hers.

Anyway, I felt like I needed to write that. Feel free to comment or not. I just needed to put all this thought into words.
cortln likes this.
September 22nd, 2013, 10:01 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's so awesome! Sometimes those connections just happen, and they're odd but they're fantastic at the same time!

Redneck_Mommy likes this.

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

September 23rd, 2013, 06:34 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
How sweet of her!! Sometimes we don't need to know why... sometimes it's a blessing in disguise
Redneck_Mommy and Poly124 like this.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

September 23rd, 2013, 08:50 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I think it's wonderful that she asked you to be the baby's godmother.
September 23rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
I love it. Love love love it. Sometimes the best connections are ones that we aren't aware of, but that will live on forever. I know it must be hard, but also think it's a beautiful sentiment, and what a wonderful person your coworker friend is. When you see her, hug her. What a great story!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search