Tough Birthday

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Redneck_Mommy
  • 1 Post By Danielle.W
  • 1 Post By .:Shortcake:.
  • 1 Post By MelChicago
  • 1 Post By butterfly721

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 30th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
So yesterday was my bday, and it was pretty hard on me. I turned the "dreaded" 35, and although I know many people (hopefully including me!) have successful, healthy babies well into their 40s, it's still that age that too often is referred to, and it's a tough age to be without having had my 1st yet. So I was bummed out yesterday... today still am a little, but doing research and going to try to make healthy changes and get on the ROyal Jelly bandwagon and see where it leads me.

My plan is to go to an RE in Dec. if we haven't conceived by then because it will have been 6 months since our m/c at that point.

Anyhow... that's my sob story. Going to focus on staying positive and enjoying the ride.
September 30th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to that difficult boat. You are not alone. I jumped into the 35 boat last December... 5 days after I lost my son. Rough birthdays suck. I'm so hoping that the royal jelly works for you. I hope your week gets better.
Rainbow Catcher likes this.
September 30th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh man I'm not there yet, so I can't say I completely understand but I feel for you!

Hang in there, 35 really isn't old! I think they should change the high risk age to 40!

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

October 1st, 2013, 06:08 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I may not be 35 but I can tell you I know what it's like to feel like time is running out. My doctor said with Endo the longer you wait the less chance you have... Stay positive dear! I pray you get that sticky BFP before you have to make an RE appt

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

October 1st, 2013, 09:21 AM
Just keep breathing.
Big hugs to you! and happy birthday to you- I know it's a rough/bittersweet day, but it's still an amazing blessing to have you in the world

Did you see that article in The Atlantic about age and fertility? It was such a surprise to me that the statistic about over 35 having fertility drops is based on French census records from the 1700s, when health care was nonexistent and life expectancy. The few modern studies are much, much more encouraging.

How Long Can You Wait to Have a Baby? - Jean Twenge - The Atlantic
October 1st, 2013, 01:06 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I'm so sorry that this is a tough birthday for you.

I have no doubt that you will have a happy, healthy baby, though.
October 1st, 2013, 05:33 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
THanks everyone Doing better today. Taking charge even more! I went to the Vitamin Shoppe, and they had the same brand of royal jelly that I just ordered.. so I bought it (even though it's on it's way... I figure we'll use it since my husband is going to take it too).

I also picked up some red raspberry leaf tea, and am having a cup of that as we speak!

I love that article, Mel.. I look back to it every now and then to feel better. Everyone on here should read that article!
October 1st, 2013, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs!! It will happen very soon I hope!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search