Jealousy in the form of sadness

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So one of my friends from high school, were close but not BFFs or anything, has a due date 2 days before mine would have been.... She posted her 12 week ultrasound on FB. I didn't want to look at it but I couldn't look away :/

Plus, found out another girl from high school who JUST got married is already pregnant...

Don't get me wrong, I truly am happy for them. Guess I'm just sad for myself because I should be at the same point...

Ugh that just ruined my night after finally getting in a good mood tonight. This does not help my 'new me' thing I'm trying to do....

;-(
October 2nd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
that sucks. It's really tough to start seeing people pregnant knowing you should be there too. I should have had my baby in July and one of my good friends is due any day now and all she talks about is the new baby. It's hard to have to hear about it we all know how your feeling and are here for ya!
October 2nd, 2013, 07:28 PM
Just keep breathing.
Seeing/hearing of pregnant women was always the hardest for me, soon after a loss. Not even really new babies- it's like, once they were out, I saw that they weren't mine. But pregnant women is really hard.

Hide her posts on fb. You don't have to unfriend or block her, and if she sends you a pm or you really want to see her feed you can. But odds are she'll be posting a lot of baby stuff from now on, and you don't have to have it right in front of you.
October 3rd, 2013, 04:55 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I still feel jealous! I think it's a normal thing. When you see someone else with something you so desperately want your going to feel sadness, anger, jealousy. Part of it is because they have what you want and part of it is because you had that too and it was ripped away from you. I hope today is a better day for you!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

October 3rd, 2013, 05:52 AM
~*Tina*~
toooooootally understand. its not fair

7/12/13 @6w

October 3rd, 2013, 06:29 AM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well thanks for letting me know I'm not alone... But I will admit I felt like a horrible person as soon as I posted this yesterday it just was not what I wanted to see on the day that marks 4 weeks since my D&C. Poor DH just doesn't get that this is still affecting me. All he said last night was "oh. The next will be the one" and then went to sleep. I mean he did try. And I'm not mad about... Ugh today is going to be a rough one....
October 3rd, 2013, 09:19 AM
hopelessly wishing's Avatar Super Mommy
You are not alone. I had my m/c sept 17 and Monday I found out my sister was pg. I thought it didn't bother me, but when I got home and told dh I just cried.. It's not fair, but there's nothing I can do.
I just have to deal with it.
October 3rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Do not feel bad for feeling that way. To be honest it would be strange if you didn't It's a normal feeling and it's not that your wishing ill thoughts about them, it's purely jealous of what they have.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

October 3rd, 2013, 09:27 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
You are not alone in this. I have a lot of trouble reading about pregnancies, especially ones that are due in April like my baby would have been. It's very hard. I think it's completely normal to feel jealous. Sometimes I even feel a little angry. It's really difficult to strike a balance between being happy for their good news but sad about your own loss.

October 3rd, 2013, 10:47 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with all the other ladies!! We have all felt this way I think. I am jealous of my 2 best friends who are currently pregnant and due with in a week of my second pregnancy. It is still hard to deal with but deep down I am happy for them. I hope your day is going alright and dont be so hard on yourself. I think it is pretty normal.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

October 3rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am right there with you. It's really really hard

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search