HCG & Progesterone results - :(

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By cortln
  • 1 Post By MoonAngel702
  • 1 Post By Redneck_Mommy
  • 1 Post By JackieV
  • 1 Post By Danielle.W
  • 1 Post By butterfly721
  • 1 Post By .:Shortcake:.
  • 1 Post By Rainbow Catcher
  • 1 Post By aStarIsBorn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So yesterday I was 3 wks 5 days, had bloodwork done because I've been having spotting/light bleeding since Thursday, no bleeding since Monday but still light brown spotting.

Just heard back from the nurse and she said my HCG levels are low 188 and progesterone is good at 24.

Not feeling very good at this point. I have to go tomorrow to get HCG levels checked again. The spotting and now the low HCG levels just aren't making me feel really great about this pregnancy.

I am just sitting here trying not to cry at work, this really sucks.
October 17th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Super Mommy
I am so sorry Crossing my fingers for you that they look better tomorrow. Hang in there!!
October 17th, 2013, 12:58 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Cort! Those levels are awesome!!! 188 for 14dpo is actually REALLY good! And 24 for progesterone??! I know the spotting has you feeling very nervous and that's understandable...but it's so early it would still be considered implantation bleeding. I bet tomorrow's #'s will also be great!

If you look at this link Beta values main chart you will see what average HCG levels. For 14 DPO the average is 103! So you are ahead of the game! Congrats! I hope the spotting stops soon so you can feel better about this!
October 17th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
thank you. and you know now that I am on these boards talking to others about it, it's making me wonder why the heck the nurse told me the numbers were low. I mean really...this is her job, doesn't she see pregnancies everyday??? wouldn't you think she'd know better than to say something is low if she doesn't even know that the number's aren't doubling yet???? so annoying. You're right, the spotting is definately making me nervous, I've been holding back tears since I talked to the nurse. I am going to go home, eat some fattening food and watch The Vampire Diaries and eat some chocolate for dessert.
aStarIsBorn likes this.
October 17th, 2013, 01:05 PM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
Yes the nurse obviously has no idea what she is talking about! I can't believe that she would say that...When i saw your thread I was thinking "oh no..." and then saw your results and I was like "WOW!" lol! You should be happy with those results! I agree...go home and relax!!!
cortln likes this.
October 17th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cort, I'm so sorry your HCG wasn't higher... But, don't lose hope. Maybe they'll double tomorrow. Lots of prayers and . I'm thinking of you!

I'm no doctor, nor do I know what good numbers are. I'm so glad to read that your number could actually be fine!!!
cortln likes this.

Last edited by Redneck_Mommy; October 17th, 2013 at 01:10 PM.
October 17th, 2013, 01:51 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cort, I m keeping my fingers crossed for you! I hope you get an answer by seeing that number double. I dont know how far along I am, but my numbers were only 19 and 48!... So, as long as they double, then you could be on the right track

cortln likes this.
October 17th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same! I was worried your HCG was going to be like 19 not 118!!

That's great

I'm waiting anxiously to hear your next numbers
cortln likes this.

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

October 17th, 2013, 05:03 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I will be thinking of you!
cortln likes this.
October 17th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks everyone. Even though I'm still having the spotting I'm feeling a little better this evening. I wish that nurse wouldn't have said they were low and I probably wouldn't be so upset!
October 17th, 2013, 06:37 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Sometimes doctors/nurses should really think before they speak! Your numbers look AMAZING!! I know the spotting has you worried (which is understandable) but right now try to hope for the best. I would drink lots of water, take your prenatals, and get lots of rest!!
cortln likes this.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

October 17th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
Can't wait to see your values tomorrow!! Hang in there - hope you enjoyed your evening - sounds relaxing!
cortln likes this.
October 18th, 2013, 06:00 AM
~*Tina*~
i think those numbers sound great!! But yes the spotting would be worrying, esp to us who have been through m/c before. I really hope that your numbers from today's draw come back good!! when should you get the results?
cortln likes this.

7/12/13 @6w

October 18th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I got my blood drawn early this morning, about 7, it's 9 a.m. here in St. Louis and I think that's when my Dr. office opens. Hopefully I'll get them this morning, they told me if I haven't heard back from them by the afternoon to call. I guess I'll call around 1 if I haven't heard back.
October 18th, 2013, 07:03 AM
~*Tina*~
Ill be checking back to see your update! fingers crossed for you!! hows the spotting?

7/12/13 @6w

October 18th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday and today I've seen bright red spotting. Literal spots that are the size of an ink pin dot when I wipe. I don't know what that's about. I had a tad bit of light brown discharge when I wiped. sorry lol

Today is day 28, I'm 4 weeks.
October 18th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Redneck_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here's to hoping for doubled numbers!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search