Frustrated

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsHopeful
  • 1 Post By .:Shortcake:.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Hey guys,
Just frustrated and needing some place to vent and to possibly hear some encouraging words. So after 1 miscarriage and a chemical pregnancy this year, I am again trying. Dr. started me on progesterone suppositories, thinks he saw an issue in my temps. Anyhow,I was really optimistic since I seem to have no problem getting pregnant, just staying pregnant. Had some pregnancy symptoms but sometimes I wonder if it is all in my head, and also I heard the progesterone can also mimic pregnancy. Took a test yesterday, my period isn't due until Tuesday.... BFN. Had a pretty significant dip in my BBT ( however I have no idea if that means anything or not because my chart is always all over the place). Feeling very down in the dumps... If I do get my period I just feel like I do not want to even try anymore. I do not mean to sound like a brat because I am sure there are people who have had many more losses than me and have been trying much longer- maybe you guys who have been trying for a long time may have some words of encouragement for me, because I really just want to just throw in the towel . Feeling it will never happen for me... and I haven't even gotten AF yet, just am used to disappointment

Hubbs is telling me to be optimistic and keeps saying " I think you are pregnant" . That is just upsetting me more because I feel like he is building my hopes up and there is a good chance he is wrong.
October 19th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Super Mommy
I'm so sorry I don't have much to say. I know there are some incredibly strong women here, like you said, and I think they may have more advice to give than I would. However, one thing I do know is that we...YOU are stronger than you will ever realize. Try to remember that. Keep fighting. It is worth every tear. Focus on the big picture, but at the same time, take it day by day and try to appreciate the little things and what your body is capable of doing. You CAN get pregnant! That is an amazing start. Something not all women can do! Keep your head up and keep moving. I think it's ok to take a break, but don't give up!..I know that was a big jumbled mess of advice, but I hope you can find some sense of comfort or strength in at least part of it. <3 sending love and good thoughts your way.
smc0428 likes this.

Last edited by MrsHopeful; October 19th, 2013 at 06:42 PM.
October 20th, 2013, 01:47 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I am so sorry for your losses! Welcome to the board. The ladies here are wonderful and so full of support and helpful info. I have been TTCAL since December 2008 with 9 angels lost. I can tell you that there are lots of times I just want to throw in the towel. BUT I think of the end result... if I quit trying I will never be a mother to a child on earth.. If I keep trying there is the chance of more losses, there is a chance I may never carry to term BUT there is a chance that I will have a baby or babies. And to me it's worth that chance. I will NEVER give up on my dream. Sometimes you have to step back and see what is best for you. Sometimes you need to take a break from temping/charting and just enjoy having sex with your husband again. Know that we are here for you always!
MrsHopeful likes this.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

October 20th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was in your shoes before we conceived our son. It was so discouraging, knowing that I could get pregnant but that I would lose the baby

Maca really helped me that time. Hang in there, praying this is your cycle!

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

October 21st, 2013, 02:55 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so very sorry for your loss. I think most ladies on this board have felt like just throwing their hands in the air and screaming they are done with at all (well at least I have. . .) but like Katie it is the end result that keeps me going. I have had 2 losses now (one of them with the threat of cancer) and there have been days when I have questioned myself. If I am strong enough to keep trying or if I even want to. But then it hits me, the thought that someday I could possibly have a baby in my arms gets me to keep on trying. Some days are harder than others and some cycles are really tough. Talking to people, my DH, and the wonderfully supportive ladies of JM brings me back to keep trying.

we are here for you anytime!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search