How will I be able to tell I'm prego after a miscarriage

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2013, 12:04 AM
Hello everyone,
I am new to this so please bare with me. I had a natural miscarriage on the 4th/5th of November. I bled for 5 days and have been "normal" ever since. My partner and I began bd immediately. Here I am 4 weeks later no sign of my period coming. My pregnancy symptoms went away almost immediately after the miscarriage, I was only 5 weeks along. I went to doc and everything went well and I tested negative. But now that my period isn't here when should I be able to tell if I conceived again? Am I just pushing my luck with wishful thinking? How long should I give my period to show age a miscarriage?
December 2nd, 2013, 05:53 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For my early m/c the dr had me date my cycle by the m/c. So I counted the m/c as cd1. In theory you should get your period on time from that date but I know everyone is different and it can take longer and still be normal. Did you chart at all to tell if you Od? I used opks to help that first cycle after and they were right. Prayers for a BFP!!

December 2nd, 2013, 06:40 AM
Danielle80 I didn't chart but I get really severe ovulation pain go like a day and a half. If we go by my miscarriage my cycle should start today. But usually I have an indication that it's about to start. The only thing is that my bbs r sore. This is really confusing. Thanks for the prayers
December 2nd, 2013, 07:59 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you know if they checked your beta levels to make sure you went back to 0? If they did and you did then you could try a hpt and see if it comes up positive.

December 2nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there and welcome to the board! I am so sorry for your loss.

My cycles after my losses were longer than my regular cycles. I temp and use OPKs to know when to test. How long has it been since your ovulation pain? If it has been 14 days then I would take a pregnancy test but as Danielle mentioned it is possible to get a positive from the previous pregnancy if your HCG has not returned to zero.

Either way I would probably take a test just to see what happens. Best of luck to you!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

December 2nd, 2013, 11:15 AM
I got my levels checked last week and everything went down. I will test again in a couple days
December 2nd, 2013, 05:02 PM
Super Mommy
Not sure if this helps but here you go!!

My first loss was Aug 9th at 9 weeks and 4 days. It took a few weeks for test to finally become negative. I started my first cycle Sep 15, and it was a weird light short...on and off!! I got pregnant late September. Unfortunately I lost that pregnancy but I think it was because of low progesterone and I didn't give my body enough time to heal from my miscarriage and dnc procedure.

However after a loss... you should start your cycle in 4 to 8 weeks after you stopped bleeding completely. For me with the last one, it was about 6ish weeks I believe.

If your levels are already down... you should gear up to ovulate(if you do after a loss, some women do and some do not)... however you should start cycle in a few weeks roughly 4 to 8.

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
December 3rd, 2013, 04:35 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Hello and welcome to the board! I am very sorry for your loss. After a loss your cycle can be all sorts of crazy so it's really hard to say. After a loss it can take up to 8 weeks (and sometimes longer) for your cycle to return. If you are bding there is a chance you can get pregnant and not get AF. If they tested you down to zero then you should be go to go you get a BFP

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

December 3rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately af came but I suppose on a good note my body is back in working order since my miscarriage was exactly 4 weeks ago. So I Guess we we'll be trying again this cycle. Let's pray for a sticky one. Fx. But thanks again for all the responses!
December 4th, 2013, 04:23 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly88 View Post
Thanks everyone. Unfortunately af came but I suppose on a good note my body is back in working order since my miscarriage was exactly 4 weeks ago. So I Guess we we'll be trying again this cycle. Let's pray for a sticky one. Fx. But thanks again for all the responses!
I'm sorry the witch arrived! But yes it is a good thing that your cycle seems to be on track. Hopefully this cycle brings you your sticky BFP!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

December 4th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
Glad you're back on track!! Are you going to temp or check your CM or anything during this cycle?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search