Post DNC question and when to start TTC again???

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2013, 03:51 PM
Super Mommy
SO and I had a slip up last night.... I felt fine...no cramping and no bleeding. So I assumed we were "OK" to give it a try. It has been 1 week and 2 days since my loss at 10 weeks and DnC Procedure. Technically we were suppose to wait 3 1/2 weeks but....stupid hormones got the best of us. I guess I wanted to feel closer to him since our loss. I am also on antibiotics which I finished the last two pills today. I am so terribly scared to get pregnant right after a loss... I did that before and ended up losing the baby. Well, our slip up...we tried a condom but it was bothering me so bad(I'm allergic).... well I took it off and we con't....felt totally fine. Well, I made him pull out?? What are the chances on pregnancy since it has been a week and a few days since my loss and I just stopped bleeding? However...I am having white discharge today...not fertile mucus...I know the difference.

Also, when did you try to start after a loss? I am waiting to wait a few months to let my body fully heal and try to get some testing done and etc.

Also, I got BC for a month...but not sure if I should start it today or wait till cycle would could come in 4 to 8 weeks.. I don't wanna wait that long for a cycle...I want to jump start it...regulate it... the sooner the better so we can try for our rainbow...or not use it completely and use a natural way to prevent. UGH!!! I hate this... I should be 11 weeks...not grieving over another loss and not getting everything prepared for future pregnancy.

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
December 2nd, 2013, 04:00 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my first D&C if was told I should wait until I had a period after it to ttc. With this last one, I was put on birth control for 3 months because there were some issues with the lining if my uterus and I was told there was a better chance of a viable pregnancy if we waited to let it recover. I think unless your doctor said otherwise, waiting one cycle is pretty safe.

December 2nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
Super Mommy
Mmk, I am just worried about pregnancy slip up and losing another angel because 2 lossing within 3 1/2 months apart and two dnc's.... lining issues is very possible. That is why we wanna wait a few months.

However.... the pregnancy test is still positive and I made him pull out way before hand :/

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
December 2nd, 2013, 04:07 PM
Are they monitoring your hcg? I would definitely use condoms or hormonal birth control if you're still getting positive tests.

December 2nd, 2013, 04:12 PM
Super Mommy
No, they are not. I have to go back for my follow up appointment for check up on the 13th. I took a test today and it was still positive. I know you can ovulate with a positive test but it is rare usually it happens once your levels are back to zero.

I know there is always a chance but I think I am in the clear, I hope. I don't wanna another loss

I am allergic to condoms even the non latex ones but I bought VCF dissolving vaginal contraceptive film spermicide and got my one month of BC to possible start today.

December 2nd, 2013, 04:15 PM
I would definitely mention the positive test at your follow up. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I would see about starting the birth control as soon as you can. I did just so it would regulate my cycle. I figured it would mean I could ttc sooner.

December 2nd, 2013, 04:18 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you I am gonna start on BC today and use it for about 3 months or loss so my lining is perfect for when we try for our rainbow.

I also have spermicide for back up, and a few condoms but man they irritate me "down there" so much. :/

December 2nd, 2013, 04:19 PM
Hopefully you won't need to use backup for too long. I started the Nuvaring and only had to use a backup method for a week.

December 2nd, 2013, 04:24 PM
Super Mommy
It says on the packet.... back up for the first 7 days! And I can start on Sunday or Day 1 on what I chose to start. I am hoping I get my period in four weeks. Instead of waiting 4 to 8 weeks. My last dnc, it took 6 ish weeks.

It should jump start cycle and regulate cycles right? It's been a week and 2 days since my loss and dnc...and bleeding just stopped.

December 2nd, 2013, 04:27 PM
The doctor had me start the Nuvaring at my follow up appointment. He told me I didn't have to wait for my period, so you may wanna ask about that if you don't want to wait.

December 2nd, 2013, 04:28 PM
Super Mommy
It says, you may not have a period this month but it is expected...but if you miss 2 in a row to go Doctor to test for pregnancy and etc.

I always had a period the month I started BC... so I am hoping I start in 4 weeks.

I will start the first pill today and call tomorrow morning and ask him or ask him on the follow up but I read you can start anytime after a loss and it isn't bad for you. It actually helps your cycles and etc. I hope this is true.

December 2nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I bet if you start the birth control, you'll have a period in 4 weeks. I did.

December 2nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
Super Mommy
Mmk, I just wanted to know about started BC right after a loss because it's only been 1 week and 2 days and bleeding just stopped.

December 2nd, 2013, 04:39 PM
My doctor had me start about a week after my D&C, the day after bleeding stopped. He actually had me insert my Nuvaring at my follow up appointment.

December 2nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Super Mommy
How does Nuvaring work? Can you feel it?? Does it hurt?? Do you take it out or what? I thought about Nuvaring but I am not sure about it. I am also not comfortable putting anything in...frankly...I would be scared to mess up anything if I didn't put it in right lol

My follow up is the 13th, I will be sure to ask about BC pills or Nurvaring.

December 2nd, 2013, 04:51 PM
I don't feel it at all. Some people take it out to have sex, but I don't and DH has never noticed it. There really isn't a wrong way to put it in. It just kinda sits in there. . The hormones get absorbed.

December 2nd, 2013, 04:59 PM
Super Mommy
mmk, well I started day one of BC! But, if this birthcontrol doesn't work for me. I will ask Doctor about Nuraring at my follow up appointment on the 13th

December 2nd, 2013, 05:00 PM
Good luck! Hopefully everything will look good at your follow up and AF will show up in 4 weeks for you!
pixie23 likes this.

December 2nd, 2013, 05:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope you get everything worked out, and I'm sorry you have to go through this.

After my first loss I got pregnant again after one period and 9 months later we had DD. We used protection between the time of my loss and my first AF afterward. This time around I haven't had AF yet, but we're not preventing.
pixie23 likes this.
December 3rd, 2013, 03:43 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I hope your body regulates itself quickly. I do think with having losses that close together it would be good to get some testing done just to make sure your lining and everything looks okay before trying. Take to your doctor when you have your follow up and make sure you voice your concerns. Please keep us posted hun.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search