New here, questions.

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I am currently 4 weeks 2 days pregnant and was prescribed progesterone suppositories after having multiple doctors refuse to test me. They still never tested my progesterone levels, but just gave me the suppositories anyway. The first doctor told me I had never had a miscarriage and was just getting false positives.
I had a 7-8 week loss in 2008
A chemical in 2009
A baby born full term in 9/2011
and a chemical again 9-2013

My questions are, why won't my doctors just test the progesterone?
Should I use the suppositories even though my levels could be fine or even high?
I was never tested and had no issues with my daughter, I did spot for a day around 5 weeks 4 days or so....why would I have had normal progesterone then?
Any advice?

I'm just so worried that it'll happen again and no one will take my losses seriously or even try to do testing.
December 10th, 2013, 01:41 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is very frustrating!! I am sorry for your losses

I really have no idea why they wouldn't be testing your Progesterone!!

According to my doctor Progesterone suppositories cant hurt even if your levels are high. Mine are pretty high and I am still taking them. My doctor also monitors my HCG and Progesterone as soon as I get a BFP.

You could have had normal progesterone then and have low now. Or you could have even had low then but your body worked it out. I am so sorry your doctor is not taking your losses seriously. Do you have the option to switch doctors?? If so I would seriously consider it. It is important you feel secure with your medical care.

I hope very much this is your rainbow baby.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

December 10th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
Ugh that's awful. So sorry for your losses. I hope you can change providers!!
December 10th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Just keep breathing.
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Yes, it's okay to go ahead and use the progesterone supplements. If your levels are already high, then it won't hurt anything at all. I'm not sure why they wouldn't test your levels- it's an easy enough thing to do. Chemical losses aren't usually thought to be caused by low progesterone, but rather by a fluke bad egg/sperm, so maybe they didn't think your specific case needed testing.

Hang in there!
December 11th, 2013, 03:42 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I agree with the other ladies.. I would go ahead and take it. It can't hurt anything and since they gave it to you I would use it. As for them not checking your levels... I would find another doctor. There is no reason for that especially with your history of losses. Remember that only you can fight for the right care and if the doctors don't want to help you it's okay to find another doctor until you find the right fit for you.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search