This one takes the cake.. DH Rant

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By MelChicago

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2013, 01:34 PM
AngelMommy413's Avatar Selah's Mommy
After one year of marriage, the loss of our first baby, and with both of us being one year away from graduating, my DH is sleeping on the couch tonight.

He has decided that if we were to become pregnant right now, we should allow his parents to take care of our baby until we've graduated and have solid jobs. This plan wouldn't be so bad, except for the fact that his parents live on another continent. Where we would have to plan for MONTHS to even VISIT our child and save up for plane tickets. Oh, and schedule that around our vacations. Not to mention the fact that his mother dislikes me in the first place.

Now I'm afraid to even become pregnant in the first place because I don't want our child's youngest years to be stolen from me. We already lost one baby. This is asking too much. Apparently, a similar thing happened to another girl at school, so that's where the idea came from.
The best place for a child is with the parents anyway! And I wouldn't consider any alternatives to breastfeeding, so the plan isn't even feasible.

I'm so angry about this, I can't even talk to him about the MAJOR flaws in this plan. Of course, I would never allow this to happen. Worse case scenario, my mom and sisters (who live in the same city) would be able to help us. I understand that he is very concerned about our careers right now, and it's a hard economy, but I am so hurt that he would even think about sending our baby to live with his parents.

Rant over.. but why don't men have a filter? Or at least a brain to think a scenario all the way through before talking!

(maybemommy413)

Last edited by AngelMommy413; December 11th, 2013 at 02:29 PM.
December 11th, 2013, 03:49 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I'm sorry. Sometimes men come up with the weirdest ideas. If you were to become pregnant, I doubt that he would actually be able to do this once the baby was born. He would be too attached to the baby.

December 11th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
omg I can't imagine!!
December 11th, 2013, 04:50 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ummm... hell to the no. I would flip my lid if my husband said that to me! I'm sorry mama!

December 11th, 2013, 05:56 PM
AngelMommy413's Avatar Selah's Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly721 View Post
If you were to become pregnant, I doubt that he would actually be able to do this once the baby was born. He would be too attached to the baby.
That's for sure. There's no way he would actually be able to be so far away, let alone cause so much grief. He's such a softie~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyjo View Post
Ummm... hell to the no. I would flip my lid if my husband said that to me! I'm sorry mama!
That's exactly what I did.. I think he's a little scared of me right now

The poor guy bought me ice cream and decided to watch my favorite movie tonight. I think he's trying to make up for it

Thank you for letting me blow off some steam

(maybemommy413)
December 11th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like he didn't really think that idea through!
December 12th, 2013, 06:01 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Yeah that would NOT fly with me!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

December 12th, 2013, 06:43 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whewww it sounds like maybe he just wasn't really thinking that through. . . that would be very upsetting I am glad he is making up for it now. Vent away anytime!!
AngelMommy413 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

December 12th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Just keep breathing.
Sounds like one of those moron ideas that men get sometimes, that have no basis in reality. I can see why you're upset, but honestly, it's so far out (IF you conceive, IF you don't have jobs yet, if this, if that...) that I wouldn't even bother giving it any power.
AngelMommy413 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search