Super fertility and recurrent miscarriages?

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By .:Shortcake:.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 26th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Super Mommy
Hi ladies!!!

So I was just talking with my sister about how easy it has been (so far) for me to get pregnant, I just can't keep my babies growing!
The FIRST month my husband and I started trying, we got pregnant. Lost at 7 weeks...the next month we tried...we got pregnant again, and had a chemical pregnancy..
So it got me thinking...is there a link there??

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced the same type of thing or not, but it's definitely something I'm wondering about now.

SO I started doing a little research..and came across this article and a few others just like it that were talking about the same exact relationships between super fertility and recurrent pregnancy loss.
Here's the link to one of the articles: Cause Of Miscarriage? Study Says Super-Fertile Women May Be More Likely To Have Recurrent Miscarriages

Basically, it is claiming (with evidence from some studies done with actual women) that women who are much more fertile may simply be accepting healthy and unhealthy embryos. Where as women who have much more difficulty getting pregnant are only accepting healthy embryos.

This kind of makes sense to me...I've never really heard of many people getting pregnant as easily as I have...I wonder if there is anything I could do to improve this problem if it is a problem..
It makes me kind of nervous..if this is true, does that mean maybe eventually I could get "lucky" and end up carrying a baby longer but still end up losing the pregnancy..? Stupid brain. Always over thinking.

What do you ladies think?
Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Last edited by MrsHopeful; December 26th, 2013 at 07:11 PM.
December 26th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Very Interesting...but disturbing just a bit :/

I am started to think the same thing! In my family...we are SUPER fertile! Babies and Pregnancy back and fourth!

I know as a fact... I am super fertile. I have no problem getting pregnant... it's keeping a pregnancy that is killing me. I have gotten pregnant four times and ended up losing all four!I am wondering.... if this is the cause of my miscarriages. :/

My Ovulation Chart

<3 I am missing my sweet baby angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks
Fifth M/C Chemical loss - Late May/ Early June (Chemical Pregnancy/2015)
Sixth Missed Miscarriage @ 18 weeks, Delivered our sweet baby boy Nolan on November 1st at 11:46pm.

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~
<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
December 26th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Super Mommy
So sorry for all of your losses and I am so sorry if this was a disturbing theory for you I definitely did not mean to it want to make anyone feel worse about their horrible experiences.
The good news is, if this is a possibility, it means that eventually...we'd have to accept a good, healthy embryo, right? It's not something wrong with us or our babies per say..So it's just a matter of being patient and having to go through hell with our losses in the process of getting there. We CAN get pregnant, which is a blessing!
I may mention the idea to my doctor eventually and see what she says...see if maybe there is something that could help.

Who knows, the whole thing could be wrong too! It's just a theory.

Again, so sorry if I made anything worse!

I'm just looking for answers.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you and saying a prayer that you conceive your happy, healthy baby soon!! <3
December 26th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no hun, you did nothing wrong! I am exactly very happy that you posted this. Very interesting theory and kinda makes sense. What was disturbing to me is...that me being super fertile could actually be harming me more than helping me :/ They always say being super fertile is a good thing...but is it really? Could too good be bad? But who knows... it's only a theory and eventually our bodies will have to give in and give us our miracle I have tons of questions and no answers...

I hate the whole be patient and wait it out through this hellhole! I am not very patient right now. haha I want is now It's like a slap and the face each time I am pregnant and lose the baby. I am like seriously body.....why must you play this mean trick on me! I want my baby already. Everyone is telling me....oh hun just wait it out...your young and you will have fun and enjoy life right now. Seriously.... that is NOT what I wanna hear. It's our life and if we want a baby...we can! Why is it so hard?

What is frustrating me.... women that don't deserve babies pop out gets from right to left and no issues while us GOOD women have to go through hell with miscarriages and everything just to have our miracle we desperately want. Maybe I am just venting and maybe it's a good thing I need to vent out. I am sinking into a deep hole of depression each and every day! I wish it wasn't so heartbreaking! I miss my babies and I want them in my arms and I want to have my happy little baby already.

My Ovulation Chart

<3 I am missing my sweet baby angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks
Fifth M/C Chemical loss - Late May/ Early June (Chemical Pregnancy/2015)
Sixth Missed Miscarriage @ 18 weeks, Delivered our sweet baby boy Nolan on November 1st at 11:46pm.

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~
<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
December 26th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Super Mommy
It is an interesting theory. Like you I have never had problems getting pg (although now that I am 40 we shall see) but staying pg is an issue. I have been pg 5 times and have two children. Also, I do not bleed and miscarry but continue to hold on to the pregnancies and have missed miscarriages each time. For me, in the past clomid seems to fix things as I have carried both clomid pregnancies to term (my dr thinks I have luteal phase/progesterone issues).
December 27th, 2013, 06:13 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I'm so sorry to hear this On the flip side, I've gotten pregnant on the first try with 4 of my 5 pregnancies and only one loss so I don't think high fertility is always a problem, per se. There are a lot of factors that go on during a pregnancy to consider.

Heidi, mama to 5 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
December 27th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Super Mommy
Pixie, you pretty much read my mind. Everything you just said is exactly how I feel! Patience is one of the hardest parts of all of this. When you want something so bad and you are given what you want only to have it ripped away...it's torture.

I watch the previews for that show teen mom...and two of them are pregnant again apparently...and one of the boyfriends new gf is pregnant too..there's at least two or three girls on my Facebook that announced accidental pregnancies the past few months..I have a close friend that just have birth to a baby a few weeks ago. She already has one. Both have different dads and she's not with either of them. It's like..seriously?! Come ON?!
I don't want to come off like I think those babies lives are worth any less than my babies lives would be, but the point is that I want this child..I am ready to be a mother. Along with the rest of us.

Heidi, it's good to know that super fertility is not always an issue! It's frustrating that we have come so far in medicine, yet it seems to be that most of the time, doctors for have any answers for why miscarriages are happening and why some women are having more than others.

Last edited by MrsHopeful; December 27th, 2013 at 07:07 AM.
December 27th, 2013, 07:02 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
It's truly hard to say. Some women are just more fertile than others and can get pregnant every single time with a healthy baby. But I always say it's better to have too much info than not enough. Just try not to read too much into it..
MelChicago likes this.

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Expecting my baby boy May 9th
Emergency cerclage put in 12/24

December 27th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Super Mommy
Katie, I am horrible with reading too much into things and over thinking everything, lol. Definitely something I need to keep in mind, so thank you!!
I am the person that will go on webmd and self diagnose myself and then convince myself I'm dying LOL.
I agree though, it is good to be informed either way I guess!

Last edited by MrsHopeful; December 27th, 2013 at 08:03 AM. Reason: My phones autocorrect gets me every time I post something!
December 27th, 2013, 08:12 AM
lelila's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a difficult time accepting a theory such as this, however, from all the research I've done - and I admit I've read far too much in the past 4 or 5 years than is good for me, it seems to me that the underlying issue with TTC is not that there is an overabundance of poor quality eggs, but the fact that we are getting pregnant too soon after a loss and the body hasn't recovered.

So many times we look at conception as the key to getting and staying pregnant, but there are so many other factors involved - the zygote traveling in the correct direction, implantation, proper hormone levels, etc. Think about how screwed up our hormones are after a loss and how long it takes AF to come back to a "normal" cycle after a loss. For those of us that get pregnant with in 1, 2 or even 3 cycles after a loss, just how normalized are our hormone levels? Are they at a level that can support a pregnancy? Also, is the uterus ready to support implantation? I think these are important factors.

I think that is why some OBs tell us to wait a certain amount of time before trying again - and it's individualized per woman, because some women bounce back quickly and some don't.
December 27th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Super Mommy
Lelila, you're right. There is A LOT that goes into conceiving a baby and therefore, a lot that has the possility of going wrong. Which I suppose is why we still don't know much about how to identify very specific, small problems or fluctuations.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search