Hobbies (OT)

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 08:16 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
1) What hobbies do you do?

2) When did you start hobby(ies)?

3) How often do you get to spend time doing your hobby(ies)?

4) Brag time: post a picture (or pictures) of what you've made!

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

January 14th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy

I enjoy crocheting, cross stitch and being crafty in generally

My neighbor taught me to crochet when I was 10. My mom taught me how to cross stitch when I was young (I have no idea when). She has always been crafty and I guess I just followed in her footsteps.

Right now, none! Chasing after a 1 year old does not allow for much time. I have been working on a cross stitched birth announcement for my niece for over year now (she is 15 months old now). I promised myself that she would get it before she was 2. Hopefully I can keep that promise. As for crocheting, I think the last project I did was a blanket for my son, which I finished in the hospital after delivery.

Unfortunately I am at work and can not post pictures. But I really hope to see what others have made!
January 14th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Just keep breathing.
1) I guess my hobby is running my own nfp. It's super small- my friend and I produce an annual arts event that draws people from across the country. I don't really make money from it so I'd call it a hobby. I really like organizing, managing, event planning, etc. so its fun to do it for something I love. I get a lot of gratification from it. It happens just one weekend a year, in the fall, but different things like taxes, marketing, etc come up year round.

I know how to crochet, but don't do it regularly. I make maybe one scarf or baby blanket a year, as a gift. I LOVE to read, and probably read 5-6 books a month.

2) I don't know when I first learned to read probably age 4 or 5? My mom taught me crochet around age 12. As far as the management stuff, we officially started the nfp in 2009, but I've been planning/running events for fun since I was a teen.

3) I read every day.

4) Don't really have any pictures to share.
January 15th, 2014, 07:10 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
I knit/crochet, make primitive crafts and do photography

I started photography when I was in high school... started knitting crocheting about 5-6 years ago

Sometimes during the evenings/weekends... just depends. Lately I haven't felt up to doing much.

I will have to post later

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

January 15th, 2014, 09:05 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
1) What hobbies do you do? I'm a portrait photographer part-time as a profession. We also raise and show rabbits, are active in 4-H with our kids, and once upon a time I used to sell custom horse portraits and I competed in chalk art competitions.

2) When did you start hobby(ies)? I started drawing when I was a kid. We started 4-H 5 years ago, photography seriously about 4 years ago, and rabbits three years ago.

3) How often do you get to spend time doing your hobby(ies)? Photography, whenever I have free time. We're very busy with 4-H so I have to work around that. The rabbits are a full-time hobby and we show probably 5-6 times a year.

Here are some pencil portraits from years ago, I stuck them together to save space but they were once individual works.

This was from Disney's Festival of the Masters in 2005 I think? The square is 10' x 10' and the horse is life-sized, created on a sidewalk with pastel chalks.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d

Last edited by rabbitranch; January 15th, 2014 at 09:10 AM.
January 15th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
Wow those are BEAUTIFUL Heidi!! So talented!!!

10/19/14 - DE IVF, Transferred two 8-cell embies (3dt)
10/28/14 - 1st Beta = 70 at 9dp3dt
10/30/14 - 2nd Beta = 163 at 11dp3dt
11/5/14 - 3rd Beta = 1300 at 17dp3dt
11/17/14 - U/S - Twins, both with flickers of heartbeats!
11/25/14 - One twin stopped growing and lost their hb. :'( The other measures perfectly, hb: 157.
January 15th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Veteran
1) What hobbies do you do? My biggest would be dog showing

2) When did you start hobby(ies)? November of 2010 I went to my first AKC show I did 4h before that

3) How often do you get to spend time doing your hobby(ies)?Most days i am training or doing therapy wor or something with any of the dogs i work with. I own 2 Bailey who is 11 and retired and Opal who is 8. I also work with 2 of my boses dogs a mother and daughter Libby is 6 and Cookie is 2 i have been there with her since day 1.

I have to many pictures with doing so much with so many dogs I have earned in titles 3 CGC 2 CGCA 2RN's 1 RA 1 RE 2BN's and 1 CH I train with Opal at the highest level in Rally we have attended 2 national shows together and will attend our 3rd in October. I also do therapy work with Opal and Cookie at local retirement homes. Sorry to be long but this is important to me

sorry i cant get photobucket to work to get pics attached

Little One never forgotten 10/17/2013

Sarah & Michael
Hoping for a little miracle

Last edited by BaileysFourtune; January 15th, 2014 at 08:11 PM.

Tags
hobbies , qotd , random question

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search