Log In Sign Up

Update on me (sorry I'm been so MIA)


Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
February 14th, 2014, 03:19 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,035
Ladies, first let me say I'm so sorry I've not been around much. I feel terrible that I can't be on here as much as I'd like. We finally got some answers on what is going on with my health.... They have officially diagnosed me with advanced stages of Lyme disease. We still are not 100% sure what this will all mean... right now I'm on extremely high dosages of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. I'm on this for 3 months. If I do not see relief from my symptoms they are talking about IV antibiotics 3-5 times a week. The only problem we are running into with that is insurance does not cover the treatment of Lyme disease. Why I'm not 100% sure. Right now it takes everything out of me to go to work. When I get home I'm so exhausted I can't do much. I'm also having some issues with my short-term memory. I'm going to try my best to get on as often as I can but right now it might be a lot less that I used to and for that I'm sorry.
__________________

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11


Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog


Reply With Quote
  #2  
February 14th, 2014, 04:54 PM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In yonder mountains
Posts: 9,340
Oh no!! I am glad you have a diagnosis but I am sorry that it is that extensive!! I hope that you get better soon and you don't have to be on IV antibiotics.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
February 14th, 2014, 04:55 PM
ashleyjo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,912
Oh my goodness! How scary--glad you've got some answers though
Reply With Quote
  #4  
February 14th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hunter Army Airfield (Richmond Hill), Ga
Posts: 3,673
Oh no Katie! I am sorry. They treated me for it last year with prednisone and doxycycline. It was pretty bad. Oh I want to warn you. Those 2 meds together caused me to have really bad esophagitis. I suggest taking zantac if you aren't already. Also drinking a lot of water after those pills. I am praying for you. I hope that this course of treatment is exactly what you need to get rid of the Lyme.
__________________
Danielle: Mom to Caitlyn (16), Brooklynn (12), Jackson (8), Lincoln (5), & Baby Harrison


Reply With Quote
  #5  
February 14th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,263
I am so sorry that you are dealing with this, but I am glad that you have a diagnosis. Lyme disease can be pretty nasty at times. I hope that you see improvement on the oral antibiotics and do not need to move on to the IV treatment. I hope you are feeling better soon!
__________________
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP#4: 5/17, EDD 1/15/15, praying this is our second rainbow
Reply With Quote
  #6  
February 14th, 2014, 06:46 PM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,452
Oh katie! I'm happy that you finally got some answers! Don't worry about us here. We've been fine and you just work on getting better!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
February 15th, 2014, 08:05 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,612
I'm so sorry. That sounds awful. I really hope that you will feel better soon. I don't know that much about Lyme's Disease. A girl who lived down the hall from me in college had it and she had to have her own room because she was really tired all the time.
__________________
April 8.16.13
Reply With Quote
  #8  
February 15th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,424
OH NO! That's awful. But at least you know what the heck is going on! Rest yourself. Take care of yourself. I hope with all my might that these meds help you to get back on track. It is quite crazy to me how Lyme goes untreated and is underdiagnosed until it has done damage. Especially the time you spend in the woods and your symptoms. GRR! Anyways, you know now. Like Jackie said, don't worry - we're fine. And we're all rooting for a speedy recovery for you!
__________________
Forever missing our angel, 6/7/13.

10/19/14 - DE IVF, Transferred two 8-cell embies (3dt)
10/28/14 - 1st Beta = 70 at 9dp3dt
10/30/14 - 2nd Beta = 163 at 11dp3dt
11/5/14 - 3rd Beta = 1300 at 17dp3dt
11/17/14 - U/S - Twins, both with flickers of heartbeats!
11/25/14 - One twin stopped growing and lost their hb. :'( The other measures perfectly, hb: 157.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
February 15th, 2014, 02:07 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Virginia Bch
Posts: 3,695
Oh no, I am sorry. I hope you feel better soon. ((HUGS))
__________________


2/10/14 @ 6w3d
Reply With Quote
  #10  
February 18th, 2014, 07:59 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogeek View Post
Oh no!! I am glad you have a diagnosis but I am sorry that it is that extensive!! I hope that you get better soon and you don't have to be on IV antibiotics.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyjo View Post
Oh my goodness! How scary--glad you've got some answers though
Yes, I'm so glad to finally have answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle80 View Post
Oh no Katie! I am sorry. They treated me for it last year with prednisone and doxycycline. It was pretty bad. Oh I want to warn you. Those 2 meds together caused me to have really bad esophagitis. I suggest taking zantac if you aren't already. Also drinking a lot of water after those pills. I am praying for you. I hope that this course of treatment is exactly what you need to get rid of the Lyme.
Thank you!! I took the doxycycline last year and did not tolerate it well (and same this time). But they are saying it's the only oral antibiotic so I must take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2AnAngel2 View Post
I am so sorry that you are dealing with this, but I am glad that you have a diagnosis. Lyme disease can be pretty nasty at times. I hope that you see improvement on the oral antibiotics and do not need to move on to the IV treatment. I hope you are feeling better soon!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieV View Post
Oh katie! I'm happy that you finally got some answers! Don't worry about us here. We've been fine and you just work on getting better!!!!
Thank you!! I miss you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly721 View Post
I'm so sorry. That sounds awful. I really hope that you will feel better soon. I don't know that much about Lyme's Disease. A girl who lived down the hall from me in college had it and she had to have her own room because she was really tired all the time.
That is one of the worst things. I can literally sleep 24/7. Working full-time is really hard for me right now and until I get home, all I want to do is sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Catcher View Post
OH NO! That's awful. But at least you know what the heck is going on! Rest yourself. Take care of yourself. I hope with all my might that these meds help you to get back on track. It is quite crazy to me how Lyme goes untreated and is underdiagnosed until it has done damage. Especially the time you spend in the woods and your symptoms. GRR! Anyways, you know now. Like Jackie said, don't worry - we're fine. And we're all rooting for a speedy recovery for you!
Thank you!! I am working closely with the governor and some others to hopefully get some laws in the process of being passed as well as covered under insurance. Here is to hoping in the future people won't have to deal with this crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticbythesea01 View Post
Oh no, I am sorry. I hope you feel better soon. ((HUGS))
Thank you!!


I have my good days and my bad days. My stomach is getting more used to all the medication. Right now they are a little concerned because I'm having some issues with short-term memory loss as well as confusion/clouded mind. I miss you ladies and I try to jump on and read but most of the time I'm too tired to post
__________________

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11


Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog


Reply With Quote
  #11  
February 18th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Rainbow Catcher's Avatar Bound and Determined
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,424
Good for you!! I need to start going after the govt too to get my state on board with fertility insurance coverage!! Im proud of you!
__________________
Forever missing our angel, 6/7/13.

10/19/14 - DE IVF, Transferred two 8-cell embies (3dt)
10/28/14 - 1st Beta = 70 at 9dp3dt
10/30/14 - 2nd Beta = 163 at 11dp3dt
11/5/14 - 3rd Beta = 1300 at 17dp3dt
11/17/14 - U/S - Twins, both with flickers of heartbeats!
11/25/14 - One twin stopped growing and lost their hb. :'( The other measures perfectly, hb: 157.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
February 18th, 2014, 12:19 PM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Catcher View Post
Good for you!! I need to start going after the govt too to get my state on board with fertility insurance coverage!! Im proud of you!
That is next on my list It is covered in our neighbor state of Maryland but not Pennsylvania!
__________________

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11


Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog


Reply With Quote
  #13  
February 18th, 2014, 12:25 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Virginia Bch
Posts: 3,695
Glad your feeling a little bit better!
__________________


2/10/14 @ 6w3d
Reply With Quote
  #14  
February 18th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montana
Posts: 3,688
That sucks Katie, but I hope that now they'll be able to do something for you so you can get well!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #15  
February 20th, 2014, 01:12 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 17,495
Oh Katie, I'm so very sorry!! I'm thankful you have answers, but frustrated you are going through this!
__________________
Mommy to two beautiful boys, watched over by two angels in heaven

Reply With Quote
  #16  
February 20th, 2014, 04:16 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,035
Thanks ladies!! I just take every day as it comes. The doctor told me that if I slow down and start doing less my body will only let me do less. So I'm trying to keep motivated.
__________________

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11


Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog


Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0