Afraid of babies?

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2014, 10:18 PM
seekingrainbow's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a major anxiety attack any time I am near a baby. Does this seem normal? Has anyone dealt with this before and if so how did you overcome it? I assume it will get easier once I am pg with a rainbow but in the mean time...

and my little Jedi, Lucas Gary
Born Sleeping, 1.3.2014

Held close to my heart for 239 days

March 27th, 2014, 12:01 AM
momRT's Avatar Veteran
We went out to dinner a few weeks ago and while we were waiting for our table there was a very pregnant woman there and a couple with a baby. I held it together long enough for us to get to our table and then lost it. Anytime I go to my OBs office I have to give myself a second in the car to get myself back together before I drive home. I work in a NICU and the thought of returning to work makes me cry some days. I'll be asking to work in another unit for a while when I do return, but if they don't have enough NICU trained staff I'll have to go. I'm really worried I'll have a breakdown in the unit if I have to go back there too soon. I don't have any advice on how to get over this, but you're not alone. I think time will be the only thing to really help. I also feel like getting pregnant will be the only thing to really help me move forward, but the thought of getting pregnant and all the fears that'll come with it now also make me hurt.
Jackson 01/27/2014
Born at 19 weeks and 2 days

March 27th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been there. Looking back now, I understand that it was all part of the grieving process and it would bring on a flood of emotions. Even after this last loss (at 10 weeks) I have some issues being around young babies. I skipped a party last weekend because there were 3 brand new babies there. I continued to struggle with this while pregnant with our rainbow, but it did get better after he was born. ((HUGS)) Be kind to yourself and allow yourself the time you need to grieve. Unfortunately the pain never goes away, but in time, you will learn to LIVE with the pain.

((HUGS)) to you too @momRT (I had to leave a restraunt once, it was awful!)
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP#4: 5/17, EDD 1/15/15, praying this is our second rainbow
March 27th, 2014, 08:18 AM
seekingrainbow's Avatar Super Mommy
Just hard. My BFF had a new baby a month before my son was born. I can't even be around her. And while my friend understands completely, how long can a friendship truly last when you're avoiding her child. Our oldest children are 3 weeks apart and want to see each other. I feel like I need to get over it and move forward for the kids to see their friend and so she doesn't have to hide her new daughter.

and my little Jedi, Lucas Gary
Born Sleeping, 1.3.2014

Held close to my heart for 239 days

March 27th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Veteran
I'm sorry for your loss. It must have been very difficult. I agree with PPs, time will heal you. There is a process and you are just going through one phase at the moment. If you think avoiding will help, then do so. But remember you cannot do this forever. One day you will have to face whatever it is that you cannot accept within you. In the meantime, you can talk to somebody about what you feel. Or maybe write a journal. You will be okay. In time...
March 27th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingrainbow View Post
Just hard. My BFF had a new baby a month before my son was born. I can't even be around her. And while my friend understands completely, how long can a friendship truly last when you're avoiding her child. Our oldest children are 3 weeks apart and want to see each other. I feel like I need to get over it and move forward for the kids to see their friend and so she doesn't have to hide her new daughter.

In my opinion you NEVER need to just get over it and move on. If you do not allow yourself the time to grieve the pain will manifest itself in other ways. Give yourself some time. I find that it is really just the really new babies and very pregnant bellies that bother me. As the babies get bigger (sittin, crawling) it does not bother me as much. Hang in there. In many cultures there is a set greiving period of one year. I am not saying that is how much time you need, but it has only been a few months. You will know when you are ready. Even when you are ready it will still be hard. But each time you do expose yourself to a little bit more, it will get a little bit easier.
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP#4: 5/17, EDD 1/15/15, praying this is our second rainbow
March 27th, 2014, 09:15 AM
AmyGail's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am the opposite. My neice was born a few months after my first loss and I cling to her. As soon as I am around her I am ready to pick her up and cuddle. It makes me a little emotional inside when I hold her, but she always puts a smile on my face and OH that smell!!! Heavenly!

Baby Stonehawk Warrior due January 12th!!!

My name is Amy ~ Mommy to 3
Treston, 20 ~ Tanner, 15 ~ Lali, 4
My little angel babies~ lost 10/2013 @ 7w1d (June DDC) & 3/2014 @ 8w2d (Oct DDC)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search