New here so an intro :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Julz81
  • 1 Post By isaroo
  • 1 Post By isaroo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 11th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Hi ladies, we just suffered our first loss on 5/2 (9w3 days U/S showed no baby and only a sac measuring 6w2d) so we are gearing up to start trying again but I don't know if I should start charting now, wait until after I get AF or what..
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

May 11th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am very sorry for your loss. As for charting, it is a very personal decision. Cycles can be very "different" after a m/c so it may be difficult to predict when (or if) you O. But, it can't hurt to jump right back in if you feel ready.
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP#4: 5/17, EDD 1/15/15, praying this is our second rainbow
May 12th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Julz81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Julz81 Send a message via Yahoo to Julz81
Wishing you luck, we just decided yesterday we are not waiting.. Pretty much not really trying but not preventing.. maybe we will end up in the same due date club again..
Rebelmommy likes this.

BFP: 04/03/2014 EDD: 12/15/2014 HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

May 12th, 2014, 08:26 AM
valentinemommy's Avatar aka GreenMomma
I am very sorry for your loss. Welcome and good luck trying again. We all know how difficult it is. This board is not super active but the ladies that are here are great and always here for support.

May 12th, 2014, 12:40 PM
I am sorry for your loss. I had a recent loss as well. I was 10 weeks but found out it was a blighted ovum at my first ultrasound appt and it was confirmed on my 3rd. My husband and I felt like you all did. Not trying but not preventing and hoping to end up preggers again. But it seems as though Af showed up on 4/18 late in the day with spotting. Days 2&3 were heavy, then day 4 was very light. However on cd 19 5/7 I began spotting after alot of cramping the day before and the day of but the next 2 days nothing. So Im still waiting and wondering if I ovulated or if Im going to ovulate. All of my opks have been neg. So i guess its a waiting game. But I hope u get ur bpf because they say sometimes your very fertile right after. Baby dust to you and hoping you get your BFP soon.
May 12th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry for you loss and welcome to the board! I have charted a few times, it really helps when your TTC! You can start now or wait till af...it doesn't matter as long as you are consistent and stick with it. I hope you get your rainbow soon! HUGS!

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
May 13th, 2014, 12:12 AM
isaroo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry for your loss. I had a m/c on 3/8. We decided to jump right back in. I didn't get pregnant that cycle. But I figured if my body was ready, it would do what it needed to do.

Good luck!
Rebelmommy likes this.

~Missing our Angel ~ March 8, 2014~

Next Appointment 11/19

May 13th, 2014, 06:06 AM
Thanks ladies!
Talon

May 13th, 2014, 07:54 AM
ladytack's Avatar Veteran
Following this thread! I completed my m/c on April 21st, but my HPTs are still very ++++ so I know I've got left over hormones. I guess the mystery of when I may ovulate or get my period again sort of helps me to not obsess. I thought about starting to chart/temp again as well but not sure if it would be helpful since i've still got ++ tests?
*April 2014*

BFP #4 on 8/22/14 EDD May 7th!!!
May 13th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladytack View Post
Following this thread! I completed my m/c on April 21st, but my HPTs are still very ++++ so I know I've got left over hormones. I guess the mystery of when I may ovulate or get my period again sort of helps me to not obsess. I thought about starting to chart/temp again as well but not sure if it would be helpful since i've still got ++ tests?
You won't ovulate until your hcg is back to zero. If it's taking a long time to get back to zero, your dr can do a quick u/s to see what is left in there that is keeping your levels up. Then hopefully give you a game plan on how to get it out.

For me, I had my miscarriage on 3/8 and was still getting faint lines for a week after. On 3/16, I had a small random clot come out and then my tests were negative a day or so later.
Rebelmommy likes this.

Next Appointment 11/19

May 13th, 2014, 01:36 PM
ladytack's Avatar Veteran
oh man i hope my levels get back to 0 quick. i've been through so much with this loss i just cannot stand the idea of going back to the doctor yet again...but i will if i have to.....i'm gonna give it a bit more time, though. After my d&c last fall it did take a couple weeks to get a negative test so maybe it's just my body.
*April 2014*

BFP #4 on 8/22/14 EDD May 7th!!!
May 13th, 2014, 03:21 PM
I am still testing BFP on tests, but I have finished bleeding so now I have to go back to the Dr in 2 weeks (if I continue to test BFP) and see what the issue is..
Talon

May 14th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Good luck, Ladies! I know all this waiting sucks. All we seem to do is sit and wait.

Next Appointment 11/19

May 17th, 2014, 02:48 AM
Preemie Momma
I hate to say welcome to the board, because I hate for anyone to experience what all of us have. I am deeply sorry for your loss. The one positive about being a part of this board is having 'sisters' that know what you're going through and that you can openly talk to because they understand. I have had two losses in the last year and a half and they have been hard on me. Finding out I have fertility problems made it worse... but these women have made me feel supported, and therefore stronger. As for the charting, I don't think it would hurt to start, but your AF will most likely be weird for a while, so don't worry if it takes longer than usual for the visit. In my opinion, be as aggressive with TTC as you can be. I know I'm trying to be. In the meantime, if you need to vent, ask questions, etc., we're here. I'll add you to my prayers and hope you get your rainbow baby.
BFP #1: 6/11- delivered 12/25/10 @ 28 weeks, now 3
BFP #2: 1/13- miscarried at week 6
BFP #3: 2/14- miscarriage at week 7

Thanks MommaDuck's for my GORGEOUS Siggy!!!

Thanks to Kerian for this wonderful blinkie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search