AF & TTC

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2005, 10:36 AM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a little confused. Maybe you ladies can help me clear up a few things. Everyone keeps talking about waiting to see AF before they can start to TTC. Why is that? Is that an emotional or physical thing??
It seems like everyone has a different opinion on when you can start TTC! I've heard of Women who just wait until they stop bleeding to start TTC, and then there are those who are waiting a few CYCLES to start TTC. Is that an emotional thing or a physical thing????

It just seems to me that everyone has a different opinion (including all of our dr.s) on when is best to TTC and it seems like there is a scare tactic that you better wait so you don't get an infection, when in reality I've heard of maybe ONE person who's gotten one. I could be wrong, but that's why I'm asking. My Dr actually told me that I could start TTC as soon as I stopped bleeding... so I did. It's been a week now and I feel great! I maybe even feel pregnant. I woke up in the middle of the night last night really nauseous. IF I was prego it would seem to be really early, but right before I mc I found out that I was only about 1 wk when I started feeling prego and tested a lfew days later.

Anyway, I was just wondering...

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

May 12th, 2005, 10:57 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my dr told us that emotionally you might wanna wait a few months but there isn't any physical reason to wait. We decided that we were going to start again right away. We know that we still wanna have a baby together and there isn't a higher risk of having another m/c after you have had one.

Do what makes you and your DH feel good. If you wanna start TTC right away then do that. If you wanna wait then wait.

Good luck and baby dust!!!

Angie

=May '05 and '11

May 12th, 2005, 01:58 PM
FerrariAngel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to FerrariAngel
My dr told me to wait for one cycle before we TTC again and to "wrap it up" when we BD'd before then. I kind of grimaced b/c I wanted to get back at it, but she said, "It's better for your body to heal completely, go through one cycle, cleanse everything out (hormonaly and what not) and then go at it again"

So....per my dr's advice I am waiting. It makes complete sense to me...and really it's not that much to ask for...one cycle is nothing!
<div align="center"><iframe src = "http://w2.photobucket.com/widgets/dynamicflash.php?featuretype=bucketstrip&featurena me=Us&pa=/y26/FerrariAngel/" height = 140 width = 425 border='0' frameborder='0' ></iframe>

</div>
May 12th, 2005, 02:15 PM
steph1989's Avatar Super Mommy
I think it can be all individual and how you feel emotionally. Some women want to ttc immediately and some would rather wait and mourn their loss. There is no right or wrong. Many Dr's say different things..some say wait........some say start right away.

Anyway, if you are feeling good, have fun ttc.......wish you lots of babydust!!

By the way, my doctor did say that a woman can become pregnant after a m/c even before her first AF shows up. So, you never know, you may very well be preggo!!

Good luck!!
Benjamin Patrick was born on January 26, 2006 at 6:31 PM! 7 lbs. 11.4 oz. 20 1/2"

April 6, 2006 will be our 4th Wedding Anniversary!

May 12th, 2005, 04:41 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
My 1st m/c, I had to wait until after I had surgery. I had a cyst removed. They told me it would be best too wait till after surgery. While I waiting, I got my first AF.

my 2nd m/c, I waited till I got my blood results before making a decision. My doc told me today I could start trying whenever I wanted. Its been one week and 1 day since my m/c.

I am undecided. I don't think waiting matters, but I am so scared of another m/c right now.
May 13th, 2005, 07:12 AM
darlajortega's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i think it's your personal decision. do what you feel is right for you
May 14th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by darlajortega@May 13 2005, 10:12 AM
i think it's your personal decision. do what you feel is right for you
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

i couldnt have said it better myself

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
May 14th, 2005, 05:08 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think you should do what is best for you too.

GOOD LUCK!

May 15th, 2005, 07:31 PM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for your input, girls. I found it very interesting. I was just asking out of curiosity since I had already made up my mind. It's now been a little over 2 wks since I MC (9 days of TTC) and my bbs are actually sore and nothing sounds good to eat to me. This discomfort is very comforting to me. Hopefully these are signs that I'm pregnant again! I'll let you all know what I find out. I certainly agree that TTC all depends on when you feel ready, and has little or nothing to do with your cycles. Thanks again!

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

May 16th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Veteran
Just letting you know after I mc i wasnt feeling good a few weeks later and i did a teat.It came back positive.The docs told me alot of the time the hcg is still in your blood even after mc.So they looked into my #s and saw they were going down.So I waited a full cycle before ttc to be sure all hormones were out of my system
May 16th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
just be careful not to get your hopes up, cuz it can be devistating

however, baby dust to you for sure

My Blog
http://howdyinc.com/mrshowdy/
May 17th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Super Mommy
HIya

I'm in the UK so things may be different but i've had 3 miscarriages and was told to wait until i had AF before i could start trying again.
The reasons they gave were so my body was back to normal with all the hormones the right level also it helps them to date the pregnancy better ie first day of AF = Due date.

I think like has been said it's personal choice. I would second the caution that has been given though as your symptoms may be due to m/c not being pg. (hope you are pg though!!)

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you - i know it's tough. Feel free to email me if you want to chat about things - Good Luck

DH - Stephen (34)
DS - Matthew (8)
DD - Holly (6)
DS - Daniel (2)
Angels - Nov 00, Mar 04, Jan 05

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search