New Here

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2005, 01:12 PM
dkeibriandjmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone I am Kishia. I recently had a m/c 5/1/05 and I am ready to begin ttc again. I keep hearing different things when it come to ttc after a m/c. My doc never told me how long I had to wait. I just stopped my bleeding Tuesday and me and my s/o had, sex we were ready. Now I am afraid of infection becasue every time we have sex I spot afterwards is that normal? This was my first m/c and it was due to a blighted ovum.
May 14th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
First, let me say welcome and I'm sorry for your loss!

I have heard that you should wait until your first AF before trying again. Let your cycle get back on track. I've also heard that until then you may be suseptible to infection.

My dh and I waited approximately a month after my m/c, but it was still before AF. So, do what you feel is right for you. Did your doctor offer any advice?

Also, there have been quite a few ladies on here who have conceived while waiting for their first AF after m/c. So....that would kinda throw all that other advice out the window huh?

This was my first "real" cycle after the m/c, I'm on clomid, yet it appears I am not going to ovulate this cycle. So, they can definitely get weird after a miscarriage.

I hope this is helpful. Basically what I'm trying to say...is everyone is different. Every cycle after m/c may be different....just try to go with the flow. I would definitely ask your doctor though for some advice.

If you need anything...just ask. We're all friendly here!

Again...so sorry for your loss!

May 14th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I forgot to add, don't stress out about things that don't seem normal (for example the spotting). ANYTHING after a miscarriage is normal. Especially since it's not been that long for you since it happened.

If you start to bleed a lot more, or have severe cramping...call the doctor. Otherwise.....be prepared for just about anything!!

May 14th, 2005, 02:21 PM
dkeibriandjmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you had an infection how would you know?
May 14th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by dandkeimom@May 14 2005, 02:21 PM
If you had an infection how woulf you know?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
I'm not sure really, since I never got one. But, I think some people get odor, cramping...??

I personally would give my body 2 weeks post m/c...to let it heal some. Hopefully someone else will have more answers for you on the infection question.

May 14th, 2005, 06:06 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} I am so sorry for your loss!

May 14th, 2005, 06:32 PM
steph1989's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome....I am so sorry for your loss........this is a nice forum, everyone is very supportive.
I had my m/c on April 14th.

Take care.
Steph

with infection you will get a fever as well.
Benjamin Patrick was born on January 26, 2006 at 6:31 PM! 7 lbs. 11.4 oz. 20 1/2"

April 6, 2006 will be our 4th Wedding Anniversary!

May 15th, 2005, 11:17 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also had a m/c on the 1st of May.

If your dr didn't tell you then I would call him. I know that it's weird and kinda imbarassing but he will tell you. Thats what I did. He told us to wait until the bleeding stopped before we BDed again.

We started TTC right away also. We thought it would be harder on us to take a few months off then if we started right away.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray that you are healing and the pain lessens every day.

Angie

=May '05 and '11

May 15th, 2005, 12:58 PM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I diddo with what AngieGirl said. I mc'd on April 28, stopped bleeding about 4 days later, and started TTC a fews days after that. It's individual, and even Dr's have different opinions. Be sensitive to what your body is doing and go from there.
Good luck, and I'm so sorry for your loss!

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search