Hello!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Regular
Hello everyone. I'm new here. I've read a few of the threads, but there are so many!! I have a few questions, and I'm sure someone has already posted about them, but Like I said. There are so many threads, that I don't want to have to read through them all. Besides, I have to jump in here and post sometime, don't I? LOL

Anyway, I am 21yrs old, and I have one child. He's 7 1/2 months old right now. I had a MC on March 22 , and I didn't stop bleeding until April 5th or 6th. 2 weeks! I had my levels checked and They went all the way down. Now it's been 2 months. DH and I want to start TTC again. I've taken 1 home test and one test at the Dr. office. Both were neg. But I took another test today and, there is a VERY faint line for it to be Positive! I was wondering if it could still be wrong, and my hormones are messing with me again? Has anyone ever had a false positive test after a MC?
May 18th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
It is possible to get a false positive...especially after a m/c. But, if you said you were having your levels checked and they were all the way down to zero...then I would think your FAINT line, just may be a new positive!

How were you getting negatives? Were they blood tests or urine tests? Were your hcg numbers at zero?

I hope it truly is a positive for you! And, if you said it's been 2 months since the m/c, I think things look good for you!

When did you test? What cycle day?? Maybe those other tests you did were just a bit too early?

I'd wait a day and test again with first morning urine.

I'm crossing all my crossables!!! Baby dust!!!

May 18th, 2005, 09:35 AM
Veteran
I had a test come back positive after my 1st MC but it was only a month after.I think after 2 months and your levels down to 0 i would do another test.Is AF late?
May 18th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Regular
Yes, my levels were at 0. The other tests were urine. I ask the Nurse to give me a blood test, and she sai no because the urine tests they do are not like the ones at home. I say a stick is a stick, no matter if it's at home or in the Dr. office. My guess is that I took the test too early, but My goodnes, it's was May 9th when I tested the first time. I wouldn't know what cycle day because I haven't had a period yet. That's why I'm comfused! LOL
May 18th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would probably count the day of the m/c as cd1. Have you had a period since the m/c? Or are you still waiting?

It could be a couple of things...

1--you're pregnant and just tested too early.
2--you didn't ovulate and that's delaying your AF. Which is why you got a negative.

Is it possible to get a blood test to confirm the negative? And, have you tested since the 9th?

May 18th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Regular
No I haven't had AF yet, and Yes I testes again this morning.
May 18th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, if you got a faint line today, and your hcg was down to zero....I'd have to say......CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I would call the doc, tell them you *think* you got a positive hpt, and go in for a blood test.

But, a line is a line...and you don't too often hear of it being false. Unless you noticed the line more than 10 minutes after taking it. Then it could be an evap line. But, if it's there, there is color to it...I would believe you to be preggo!!!

Congrats. Call the doc and let us know what happens.

May 18th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Regular
Thanks! I'll call th Dr and make an appointment. I'll let you know as soon as I get my results back!
May 18th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! I can't wait to hear!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search