New here!

Forum: Trying to Conceive after Loss

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive after Loss LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2005, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone!
I just had my first D&C few hours ago and that was my second m/c.
I am married for almost 7 years. after 4 years we decided it's time for a baby, but I've m/c.
three years have passed since then and all the time we were TTC, with lots of obsticles (after m/c no AF for 8 months!!!, then cyst, then chlamidia, then bacterias...)
finally I found out I was pgn three weeks ago, but things went wrong from the beginnig. though my doc tried to avoid all possibilities for loss by giving me supplemental progesteron and HCG, it still happened.
what now?
how long will I wait for AF? (not 8 months again I hope?)
while operating doc found some growths in my uterus. she wants to remove those after my AF. so I know we can't start TTC before that happens. but what after its?
how soon can we start?
how soon can we have sex after D&C?
May 23rd, 2005, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey Tama...So sorry to hear about your m/c. I had my first one in March, so I know what you are going thru.

As far as TTC again, my dr told me to wait until after your first AF. Not sure about the D&C since I didn't have one. I was able to pass all myself.

This is a great group of people here and we like to help as much as we can. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Amy

Stella Rae - May 22, 2009, 7lb 3oz, 20in and 4 weeks early!!!

May 23rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tama, I'm so sorry to hear about your difficulty in TTC and the MC! My heart goes out to you. This is a great site to vent, ask questions, and get answers.

I had a MC about 3 weeks ago and I'm sorry that I can relate to anyone on here. No one should have to go through this. Unfortunately I don't know to much about TTC after a D&C, but I can tell you a little bit about TTC after a MC in general. I've learned on here and from my Dr that TTC again is a personal decision that only you can make. Physically I've been told that your ok to start TTC again when the bleeding stops. Emotionally I've heard other Dr's recommend waiting a few cycles befroe trying again, but I hate having people tell me when I'll be emotionally ready. I'll decide that myself, thank you.
I, personally, decided to start TTC again a week after my MC cuz I stopped bleeding 4 days after my MC and I felt like it was time to start again.

GOOD LUCK, and I hope you find the answers you are looking for!

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

May 23rd, 2005, 05:42 PM
tamw402004's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your losses. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

I think you should talk all of these questions over with your doctor. I wrote questons down that I needed to ask my doctor. He answered them well.
We miscarried twice last year. May 20th & Dec. 9th. I had D&C`s with both miscarries.

It is such a hard time.....Please know we are here for you!!!!

I wish you the best!!!!

May 24th, 2005, 09:10 PM
steph1989's Avatar Super Mommy
So sorry to hear about the difficult time you have been having and your m/c. I had a m/c in mid April........I just wanted to welcome here.......this is a great place to get support from caring and understanding women...Everyone is so sweet here......I wish you peace.
Benjamin Patrick was born on January 26, 2006 at 6:31 PM! 7 lbs. 11.4 oz. 20 1/2"

April 6, 2006 will be our 4th Wedding Anniversary!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search