Lupron

Our Endo Experiences

Our Endo stories, diagnosis, treatments, procedures, remedies etc.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our Endo Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 27th, 2009, 05:51 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm always interested in hearing other peoples experiences with Lupron. You ready so many horror stories on anti-Lupron websites. I was scared to death to take it but the pain overrode my qualms. Luckily it wasn't that bad for me. I didn't gain any weight with it. The menopause part sucked with the night sweats, hot flashes, and mood swings but it wasn't anything I couldn't deal with.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
July 28th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Crys's Avatar Vampire Loving Mama :)
Send a message via MSN to Crys Send a message via Yahoo to Crys
I never made it to the lupron part. It took me a few months to get the money together to pay for it ( i had no insurance at the time) by the time I had the cash i got my suprise bfp lol

July 28th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Misty_X's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never been on Lupron, I don't know very much about it can you explain a little how it works?

~ Thank you Patty for my awesome siggy! ~

Co-Host of
General Spirituality | TTC with Endo
Group Leader/Co-Leader of:
Peestick Addicts * Chemical Pregnancy * Got Guinea Pigs? * JM Games Addicts
Addicted to Hosting * Dreamer's Den * Horror Flic Chics

* Come and read the JM Blogs! * | * Visit My Blog on JM! *

July 29th, 2009, 03:35 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's also used with fertility treatments but I'm not sure how that part of it works. It's original use was for I believe prostate cancer. Basically it puts you in temporary menopause. Once you stop the shot and it gets out of your system things (are supposed to) go back to normal. Some women end up with brittle bones and seizures and well as permanent memory loss.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
September 4th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
for me lupron worked wonders for 3 out of the 4 months I was on it... then it just stopped working... but I had the night sweats and hot flashes that I could handel... that was cake compared to the pain I have...
October 9th, 2009, 03:20 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lupron was the worst experience of my life. I've suffered soooo many symptoms it's incredible. I've been on it for six months (soon to wear off) and the first three months did offer relief. I had the hot flashes, headaches, increased heart rate with working out, and an anger and depression problem like no other. Soon after my second three month all the pain came back plus the other side effects. I didn't gain any weight but my sex drive plummeted. My poor hubby! I'm developing short term memory loss that my doctor thinks is temporary (we're hoping all these symptoms are temp). My aunt had a wonderful experience on it but I had a horrible one. I guess it just depends on the person but I would never do it again. That's what free medical will get you!
May 27th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I was on it for a few months and it worked well til it began to wear off and then the pain came back full force...me and the hubby are trying to conceive now and the dr told me to hang in there because for some reason when you get pregnant the pain goes away temp.
September 9th, 2012, 01:27 AM
I am 27 at 25 i noticed a pea sized mass behind my cervix. Had external ultrasound showed nothing. In 1 yr my hubby noticed the mass which was now size of a lg grape. Dr did lapro, my endo is on the external areas of repo organs and next to my bowel. My left ovary was attached to my uterus but he fixed it. Told me to do Lupron or get preg. We haven't prevented in 8 yrs. No luck. My lapro was 8 mths ago. Im wondering if doing lupron would give my system a rest & if it is worth the side effects.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search