seriously? doctors suck.. x-posted

Forum: First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2010, 09:41 PM
marleyandme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
dmkalvnnebiunaivnrfeoivnrarkjv.

Seriously.

Marley failed her hearing scan in the hospital, so we had an appointment scheduled for when she was a month old. Well, it was a different test, but still just a "screening" not a diagnostics, so if she failed that, it's still not a worry, we just need to go up a level in testing (uh, then, whats the point in even HAVING that middle step?) So we went to that, and still "failed" it's only one ear that just isn't passing, so we rescheduled the diagnostic test for today.

They recommend that the baby is sleeping, and to feed them at the beginning so they pass out, well of course, at a month, this was easy, marleys a great sleeper once shes out, but now, being her ripe old age of 6 weeks, shes decided she doesn't want anything to DO with sleeping for the majority of the day.

Plus, she is such a messy/fussy eater, that I'd rather feed her at the comfort of home, not in a waiting room.. so I fed her before we left, and NORMALLY the car puts her to sleep, but like I said, she doesn't WANT to sleep anymore, so it didn't work, at all. Shes WIDE awake, happiest baby, smiling at me and all, I want to PLAY with my baby, not try to force her to sleep, and I'm pissed off about this stupid test anyways, and the doctors like, well I'll give you ten minutes to put her to sleep, I'm like you can give me two hours, it's not gunna happen.. hes like, can't you nurse her to sleep? Well, shes FF, and I'm not risking a sick/upset/spitty baby over sleep. the "recommended" sleeping, is actually a necessity, the won't do the test without her sleeping, fine I get it, but YEAH RIGHT like I'm going to mess with her schedule and feed her at random times and try and make her sleep when shes wiide awake, it's not going to happen. BLAH, point of vent, we gave up, and it's now rescheduled for another month, where it's going to be even WORSE getting her to sleep. But this high and mighty doctor was like, actually MAD at me for her not sleeping, short of drugging her NOTHING was going to do it, so sorry.. he was just ridiculous, and as we were leaving the receptionist was like "well, we will try again, now that you know what we want" well that fantastic you WANT those things, I just don't see how it's plausible to assume babies will sleep, ESPECIALLY when even if she DID fall asleep, they are sticking electrodes on her, and she has to wear a like ear muff that has sounds coming through, and if she failed that, he'd have to physically look inside her ear and whatever else, HELLO, what child is going to soundly sleep through that? Props to babies that would.. not mine though.

blah, this was a lot longer then expected, I'm just so frustrated we now have to go back AGAIN.
Plus, I don't think ANYTHING is wrong with her ear, so I'm having a hard time justifying these stupid things.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous siggy!
June 30th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry the doctors are being so difficult I hope everything gets worked out soon.
June 30th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is ridiculous!

You can't just force a baby to sleep. If you could, there would never be a tired mommy in the world

This doctor is an idiot. If next time she doesn't sleep (which you know she won't), don't reschedule the test.
June 30th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Just call me "Hope."
Shheeesh. I wish I could force myself to sleep, let alone somebody else. Sorry they're being so unreasonable.
June 30th, 2010, 06:01 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
Wow, I'm sorry the doctor treated you like that!
Our beautiful miracle baby..

Do you want to learn how to stretch your dollars further?
Come join us on the Frugal Mommies Board!
Latest Trip: Spent $90, Saved $400!
Latest donation trip: Spent $0, Saved $675!!!
Check out what I'm selling! Lots of baby/toddler things!

July 1st, 2010, 11:14 PM
marleyandme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yeah, I found it really stupid, I was just surprised they were so annoyed and wondering why I couldn't get her to sleep... like, people can actually get there babies to do this?

who knows, but I already told my mom if it doesn't work next time, then whatever, we can test when shes older..

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search