New mom exercise?

Forum: First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2010, 07:47 AM
Just call me "Hope."
Just curious if you moms have gotten into any kind of exercise routine, when you were able to start, and how it's going.

I'm not sure what to expect of myself. I'm thinking that in the midst of exhaustion and poopy diapers I may not be that interested in exercise... but of course it's always good to do if one can. Where are you all at with that?
July 2nd, 2010, 03:15 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't started anything yet. I'll get the ok in 3 weeks. I plan on starting a workout regimen eventually.
July 2nd, 2010, 07:35 PM
marleyandme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well, walking has been my best attack at it, Marley loves the stroller so it's working for the both of us, we went for a four hour walk a little while ago, but normally
i try to get out every day or every other day for an hour or so, other then that, I havn't started much else, I hope I can get into something soon, I just got past the 6 week mark, so I'm ok'd to go ahead with anything.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous siggy!
July 2nd, 2010, 10:14 PM
Just call me "Hope."
Yeah, walking sounds good. 4 hours - that's impressive! I just ordered a DVD with both pre- and post- natal yoga; hopefully that will come in handy. One thing I'm trying to decide is whether to invest in a jogging stroller. Would I really jog with it?? I dunno...
July 4th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really need to work on my abs, so I can't wait to get the ok. Well actually I no longer have abs. My stomach is still kind of like a bowl of deflated jello, but not as bad as it was right after I had Harleigh.
July 4th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Mollisol's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For the first while I just walked...still do actually. I played innertube waterpolo once a week for the pasr few months and tried p90x. Now I'm taking advantage of a free gym membership and going 5 times a week. I found it hard to be able to leave Charlotte long enough to exercise because of BFing and when she is around, would get fussy after only 20-30 minutes.
To make a long story short, no real routine, but I fit it in when I can.
July 4th, 2010, 10:33 AM
ugh, you don't even want to imagine how my stomach looks, it's terrible Time to start on those crunches! baha.

As for the jogging stroller, I got one for free, and I think I would use it, if I didn't live in the middle of nowhere, where gravel roads and forest trails is my only options, there supposed to be designed so they can go through that, but mine just kind of bounces way to much to avoid the big bumps, if that makes sense? haha, and it's too bulky to take in the car compared to my other one, so I just don't bother, but if you live in the right area, they are nice to push, they glide and steer easier, there just bulky.

July 4th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Just call me "Hope."
I do live in a good area for a jogging stroller - I see other women using them. From what I've read it's best to wait to run with a baby until he/she is 6 mo. old anyway, so I guess that will give me some time to adjust to being a mom and see how hard-core I feel about running.

We just bought our infant carrier and for now I think I need to work on my arms! I've never bothered before because they are slender and I don't use them much (being scared of sports with balls). But clearly I'll be using them alot so here comes the arm workout!!

I think I can see the progression here... arms & kegels, then labor, then walking & abs, then jogging... yeah.
July 5th, 2010, 01:47 AM
YES, work on your arms,
I have ZERROOO arm strength, like, cannot even do a chinup, or even a pushup baha, its really pathetic, but lugging that carseat around, oh my goodness! aha Ill get my strength eventually, but its haard!
plus my velcro baby, but shes still light enough its not TOO terrible yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search