Diapers and Wipes

Forum: First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have a preference to what diapers and wipes your LO uses or will use?
July 4th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Mollisol's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For disposable diapers, no. For cloth diapers, I haven't found one I love yet. For wipes, I like Huggies because I find some of the cheaper ones too dry.
July 4th, 2010, 09:41 AM
marleyandme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Diapers, I have a fear of the pampers from the horror stories I've heard, but someone gave me a box of them, so I'll have to test them out for myself.. but I do like huggies more so far, or the cheap brands, it doesn't really matter
Wipes, I don't like the pampers, I really like huggies, and I agree the cheaper ones do seems dryer, but I'll still use them.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous siggy!
July 4th, 2010, 12:33 PM
missmich
I was given a pack of Pampers and some wipes. I don't think I heard anything about them. What was said? I also have 4 Huggies that were sent as a sample. I'll probably be given at least one package of diapers when I visit Birthright in a few days to pick up some baby clothes. I hope so anyway.

I'm also hoping to CD and be given a box of them at another place that's been helping me out. I'm not sure what CD's I'll be given,they just they had a box for me. I'm told prefolds stuffed into pockets would be best to try since I have to share a coin op washer and they are easiest to wash if that's how you have to laundry.
July 4th, 2010, 12:53 PM
AndyBee's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm purchasing the sunababy cloth diapers from Ebay. They are one size, pockets that grow with baby. I'm really excited to try them out. As for wipes, I'd really like to do my own cloth wipes, but haven't really looked into that much. If I go the disposable route, they would have to be flushable.

It's funny, I never thought of myself as a "crunchy" mom, but the more things I choose to do, the more it seems like I'm going that route.

Special thanks to AlexAiden Mommy for my precious siggy
July 5th, 2010, 12:11 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im not really sure yet...when I was a baby I had allergies and problems with certain brands and I hope this wpnt happen with Kya.
July 5th, 2010, 09:17 PM
We got tons of diapers at my shower of all different brands. Most of the newborns are pampers. We will probably use walmarts brand of diapers, but their wipes suck, you can't tell where they start and they don't stay together in the pull out thing like most wipes.

Mich- Pampers now has the Dry Max, and it has been known to cause severe allergic reactions and even chemical burns. So far Harleigh hasn't had an issue. We told everyone not to get the dry max ones in case but no one listened. Go figure.
July 5th, 2010, 10:04 PM
missmich
Right I did hear about the Dry Max and put a post about it on my facebook page. I'm trying to hint at my friend at what NOT to get me b/c she did all ready tell me she got me some bottles and nipples from the $ store and there is no way that I will allow my baby to use them ever! I don't want her to waste her money and they can't be returned either.

My facbook status will say things like "Mi Mami says no no to Pampers with Dry Max b/t of the chemicals that will hurt my little bottom". (Mi Mami is My Mommy in Spanish by the way)
July 6th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Hopefully she gets the hint. If not I would just flat out come out and say please don't get me this and this. And just explain you don't plan on using these things and you don't want her to waste her money.

My sister had told my mom to make sure she didn't get the pampers dry max when I had my shower. Just because both DH and I have sensitive skin and she didn't want Harleigh to get chemical burns like her son did. So what did she do? Bought me a huge box from Sam's club of pampers dry max. Thank god Harleigh doesn't have any issues though!
July 6th, 2010, 01:56 PM
missmich
I'd rather try the Dry Max and see if it causes a rash or burn then to use the crappy cheap bottle and nipples. With those you don't notice the damage they do right away at least with the diapers you will and not all babies have the reaction.
July 6th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Agreed!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search