How are you, ladies?

Forum: First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2010, 07:55 AM
Just call me "Hope."
We've gotten so quiet... I miss you! How's it going?

I've gotten out of town a couple times, to see family and then to go to the coast with my hubby. It's always good to have a change of scenery, and the trip with DH was probably the most relaxed we've been in a looooonnnnnng time! Now I'm home, 30 weeks pregnant, starting to be less comfortable (TMI - hemorhoids, heartburn, migraine, achiness, enhanced clumsiness, tiredness, and bad mood) and facing everything that's left to do. That's plenty, the way I procrastinate! I've had a couple rough days but today feels like today is starting off better. Hopefully there will be a lot less couch time...

So how are YOU?
July 31st, 2010, 10:56 AM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I'm such a slacker at remembering to post on other boards than just the Oct DDC! So I figured I need to come by and say hi!! Everything is going good with us, and I am convinced I am in full nesting mode now. Makes for a nice clean house haha.

July 31st, 2010, 02:40 PM
lovely_serendipity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope74 View Post
We've gotten so quiet... I miss you! How's it going?

I've gotten out of town a couple times, to see family and then to go to the coast with my hubby. It's always good to have a change of scenery, and the trip with DH was probably the most relaxed we've been in a looooonnnnnng time! Now I'm home, 30 weeks pregnant, starting to be less comfortable (TMI - hemorhoids, heartburn, migraine, achiness, enhanced clumsiness, tiredness, and bad mood) and facing everything that's left to do. That's plenty, the way I procrastinate! I've had a couple rough days but today feels like today is starting off better. Hopefully there will be a lot less couch time...

So how are YOU?
Im sorry ur uncomfortable!! Im 33 and a half weeks and just now am really getting uncomfortable. I have the heartburn issue bad NO MATTER WHAT I EAT!!! lol Im very achy as well. I haven't had any hemorrhoids and I have been living in terror of this. This is my first pregnancy and Ive always heard how easy it is to get them. However while I was spending all my time worrying about that I never knew u could get pregnancy induced carpel tunnel from the swelling in the hands and wrist. My right hand always burns, aches , and hurts. Both hands are kind of numb and I have pain in my wrist that shoots up to my elbow. It happens the worst in the morning when Im waking up. Theres nothing u can do but wear wrist splints and wait till u have the baby and swelling does down. lol

I hope u can find a way to relax. Just start slowing down and keeping ur feet up.
July 31st, 2010, 04:55 PM
Just call me "Hope."

Hi, Caylynne! Nice seeing you here as well as our DDC. I'm getting a bit of the nesting instinct too & finally starting to clear out this room that's going to be the nursery. It freaks me out that our DDC already has babies launching their little lives... I certainly hope my little guy doesn't come too early. Mommy and Daddy are not ready!

Serendipity, a woman from my pre-natal yoga class got carpal tunnel syndrome almost right away in her pregnancy. Sorry you're going through that too, but at least it held off for a while! As for the hemorrhoids... probably my own darn fault. Ever since becoming a teacher I forget to stay hydrated, especially since running off to the bathroom is inconvenient. I actually developed hemorhoids before becoming pregnant and have just aggravated them recently by not keeping up with my water needs, even though I'm home for the summer. Just a bad habit. Hopefully you can avoid them all together!
July 31st, 2010, 10:32 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I know I am not prepared for this baby yet so I am very patiently(kinda patiently haha) waiting for this baby to make his or her arrival in October. I've always wanted an October baby, not really sure why, but we have long talks each night about making sure they stay put!!! I'm excited to see their face but also want them to be a cute little fat full term baby

August 3rd, 2010, 01:32 AM
marleyandme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ohh you all are getting so close, soo exciting!
I myself, am doing, alright, marleys growing like a weed, and eating and gaining way to much! shes not little anymore, I need to get some updated pictures (im the TERRIBLE picture taker, cause Im watching it, not taking pictures of it as well... ) and show all of you how big she is! Were both doing really well though, weve both got a cold at the moment, so thats not exactly fun, but itll pas.. Michael has been non existent for about a month now, sooo no idea whats going on with that, I've turned into a hermit basically, but slowly gettingmyself out of that as well, the daycare thing so far is somewhat working out, I forgot how me and my sister do NOT work well together, but it should smooth out soon,
uhm, I think thats all of my updates..

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous siggy!
August 3rd, 2010, 09:03 AM
Just call me "Hope."
Meghan, I'm glad the two of you are doing well! So is your sister already doing some childcare, or are you two working out what she'll do, when, etc? I'm looking forward to new pictures!
August 3rd, 2010, 12:27 PM
marleyandme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well two of her friends asked if she could watch them basiaclly full time ones in school and one has a new job, (there both 2 and a half) so them plus my nephew whos 3, my sister said she couldnt do it unless she had help, which worked out well for me, but its tough working with her for sure.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for the gorgeous siggy!
August 5th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Just call me "Hope."
Oh, wait, you're helping your sister DO daycare, aren't you? Sorry, I think I forgot part of your story, and my question before probably didn't make any sense. So it sounds like you're hanging out with babies and toddlers galore! I hope you & your sister can hit your stride together - I can see how it could be hard to have a working relationship with a close family member or friend.
August 6th, 2010, 12:09 PM
ashleighgurl's Avatar Loving Wife and Mommy
We are doing alright. Kyleigh is still sick, but she is walking all over the place now. I've been working a lot, and school starts in only a few weeks! I took a year off of college to stay home with Kyleigh, so now I'm back working and going to school.
Our beautiful miracle baby..
Welcomed after 2 years of TTC.
August 6th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Just call me "Hope."
Wow, Ashleigh, you will have a full plate! What are you studying?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search