What are you nervous about?

Forum: First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
What about being a first time mom are you most nervous about? Labor/delivery? Life with a newborn?

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
March 8th, 2011, 03:43 PM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maddie is 2 1/2 weeks old and I am nervous that we will never adjust to our new life. It's been very trying so far and I hope what everyone says is true and it will get better.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

March 9th, 2011, 04:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
That's a VERY common concern. And I know it seems like a long time away, but in 2 years from now you won't know how you ever didn't have her there!

March 9th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Just call me "Hope."
Yes! You'll get more sleep and see some smiles! I think we were getting a smile now and then at about 1 month?
March 9th, 2011, 04:42 PM
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
I think a lot of mom's have that concern. I had it, but I've just learned that my life will never go back to before Phoenix, and I love that!

I still don't get to sleep all night, as he wakes up and crawls in bed with me. HAHA

My concern now though, is whether we're doing the right things to teach him respect and kindness.

March 16th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Super Mommy
im only 3 months into my pregnancy but i think right now im scared about the labor and delivery part. just making sure everything goes safely and me and baby come home ok.
March 16th, 2011, 05:58 AM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Money.

I'm not really nervous about labor anymore. I know its going to hurt but I'm ready.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

March 16th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Veteran
Everything..

I'm just nervous because we don't have any friends and family around here.. it's just my husband and me..
Im scared that I dont know what to do. Im reading What to expect when you're expecting.. but how do I know how often to feed him/her? What if I don't know what to do? Is it just going to be mother's instinct that I'm going to get?
What about when (s)he gets a little older.. nap times, should I set certain sleeping times?
Im anxious about everything.. I have never even held a new born baby, the first one is going to be my own. How terrible is that? I am determined to be a good mom and never give up.. and just keep trying but still.. I just want to know everything will be okay.
March 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I am nervous about a few things (they may be silly) like the epidural :/ losing the baby weight after, eating right during, having enough money to give my baby everything it will deserve! My best friend just had a baby 8 months ago, and I have been there since day one so the routine things I'm not too concerned about.
March 20th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Just call me "Hope."
Right now I'm most nervous about sleep training. I think I will start this with Max in a few weeks.

In the long run I'm nervous about our ability to balance work and family, not letting stress and demands of one affect the other too much.
March 22nd, 2011, 12:34 PM
*Ava's Mommy*'s Avatar Naomi
I was nervous about the L&D part. but honestly i had a very easy delivery and I had no idea why I was so worried about it... I was only in labor less then 24 hours and i had no pain at all.. watch, my next one will be a doosey LOL
you will adjust to th enew life i promise, I didn't think we would either, I was so exhausted the first 3 months i felt like I never got sleep and it was tough becuase i was BF which was hard and i hardly produced anything so it felt asthough I had Ava attached 24/7. i did everything i could to produce my milk but i dried up when Ava was 7 weeks old.. and i shouldn't say it was an easy birth becuase I couldn't push Ava out, ended up with a epsi and still got a 3rd degree tear and she was a little peanut when she was born... it was worth it though!

Last edited by *Ava's Mommy*; March 22nd, 2011 at 12:37 PM.
March 22nd, 2011, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm nervous about a lot of stuff. My mom said she was in labor with me for 39 hours. *gulp* OMG.

I'm nervous about money. We pay our bills and have extra each month, but daycare is going to cost about $450 a month then all of the other baby expenses. I am worried about other "new mommy" stuff like....no sleep, losing baby weight, etc.

I've also said to DH, "What If I don't know what to do with a newborn?"

March 24th, 2011, 12:25 PM
*Ava's Mommy*'s Avatar Naomi
you will know what to do with a newborn! it comes naturally! as far as the babywieght. I only gained 9 pounds the whole pregnancy and I lost that plus 20 pounds within 8 weeks of giving birth, if you breast feed it's said to cause you to loose the weight faster becuase everytime the baby sucks it contracts your stomach muscles Good luck!

March 24th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
All these concerns are totally normal!!!!

Feeding, the baby will tell you when they're hungry. They are born with an instinctive need to feed. There are cues too though, like sucking on hand, when baby gets near boob, etc. they will try to suck.

Money, HA! I don't think we ever have "enough" money for kids! LOL.

I am so thankful for JM, b/c the community here is great for asking questions, etc and getting a variety of answers!

March 25th, 2011, 05:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Newborns can be scary... they are so tiny and entirely dependent on you. There are as many ways to parent as there are parents, it seems. Some people do set certain nap times, personally I let Dalton fall asleep when he did and it was generally the same time every day unless we had been out to the library or something. Babies will teach you much more than you teach them in the beginning!

We are just getting through potty training and are now getting him ready for the new baby. He's excited now that he has been to a couple of our midwife appointments and our midwife had him help find the heartbeat. One thing that drives me nuts - he picks up habits from the other kids at his sitter's house. For example, his current sitter has a 5 yo girl who screams really high pitched when she's mad, so Dalton has tried that a few times. She also sucks her thumb, but he's never figured out how that works so we are safe on that. At another sitter, their little boy would hit their dog. I was so mad about that one.

I think one important thing to remember as a new mom is that there isn't really a wrong way to do it. We are all new moms at one time or another, and we all do things differently. A lot of times moms can get caught up in the "mommy wars" and tear each other down for doing things differently - that just makes us lose support of our sisters, kwim?

March 26th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Mana's Avatar Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I love this topic! I've also had the fear of how to take care of a newborn. I have no experience with babies, and I've cried over the thought of being left alone with my baby when DH goes back to work, and wondering if I would know what to do. I feel okay about it now though, but I'm sure that one will crop up again once I get closer to her actually being here.

At the moment, my biggest fear is how much mine and DH's life will change once there's a baby in the picture. I love how things are now, and it will never ever be the same. I know it's going to be hard in the beginning while we're adjusting to our new life as parents but I know that we're solid enough to handle it and keep our relationship strong. We're closer now, more in love now than ever before and I can already tell that our family is going to be wonderful But it's still scary knowing how many couples end up falling apart and losing themselves and their relationship together once their focus is on parenthood.

On a less personal note, I'm also terrified of clipping baby nails I don't even like trimming my cats' claws or clipping my own nails.

March 29th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Veteran
I'm so glad that this topic exists! And even more, this whole message board! Y'all make me feel so much better about everything, and it's so nice to know that there are answers to whatever questions that I may have.

THAT helps me be not so nervous.. I know that when the baby comes, everything is going to be okay. This is God's plan, and I have faith that it will all work out. I'm just going to love that baby soooo much, protect him/her and be a good mother.

And clipping the baby's nails?? Thanks Mana.. new worry! Haha.. Im kidding
March 29th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Awe honey, I am so glad this board is helping you!!!!!

I never clipped Phoenix's nails as a baby. I always only filed them. That way I didn't have to worry about hurting him.

May 5th, 2011, 09:26 PM
MamaSugarplump's Avatar Jordan
I'm the most nervous about being in charge of another person's life permanently. That's so scary to me that if something goes wrong, it's totally on me.
June 1st, 2011, 01:38 PM
Veteran
everything I'm a young single mom no support pretty much doing everything on my own it's going to be a long hard road ahead oh well. I know I can get through it but yes a lot of things about having this baby can be hard to deal with.

Tags
nerves , new mom , newborn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search