first time mommy to be

Forum: First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Super Mommy
hi everyone
I'm a first time mommy to be, due in september. I've gotten lots of reading material on being pregnant and what to expect, along with kind words and advice from family so I'm trying my best so far. I'm wondering if anyone else has crazy hormones/emotions...almost uncontrollable so to speak. Like I cry at anything and everything, it all makes me cry, sometimes I cry for no reason and once I start I can't stop. Ive been trying to tell "hubby" that im emotional and everything is gonna trigger some sort of emotion, that I have learned that this is all a normal thing of pregnancy. Im the type of person who doesn't like people seeing me cry so I tend to hide it alot, often times just 'loosing it' when im home alone with my pets. We have two boys also, ages 10 and 2 whom we share custody with with their mother, I'm also careful to watch my mood and keep my emotions in check when we are all together cuz they wouldn't understand so I don't want to scare them...they see me as more mommy then their own mother, they've asked dad if she can be replaced so having a step mother and my real mommy, as much as I loved hearing it its still hard to hear. But anyways im just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the crazy emotions etc and if you have any tips on how to deal with them all...thanks!
March 16th, 2011, 04:23 PM
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
Welcome to the board honey!!!!

i'm not preggo at the moment, but i'm sure there are other ladies here who are going through the same things.

being a second mommy can be rough, but so rewarding at the same time!!

March 16th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Super Mommy
thanks and thanks. it is very rewarding and i wouldn't change it for anything. i love them so much.

March 16th, 2011, 07:08 PM
*Ava's Mommy*'s Avatar Naomi
Hey Hun!! Glad you found the board! It's totally normal! I used to cry at the drop of a hat, or just go off on Keith and tell him i wanted a divorce.. Dont worry you're not alone!! and we need to get together and have lunch sometime! afterall you DO need to meet Ava before she is 1, and i need to see you before you have the baby!

March 17th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Super Mommy
yes that would be amazing!!! haven't seen u in almost 11 freakin' years woman!

March 20th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Just call me "Hope."
Welcome to the board!

I know what you mean about emotional changes. There were certain radio ads that could get me crying when I was pregnant... hormones are crazy things!
March 24th, 2011, 12:27 PM
*Ava's Mommy*'s Avatar Naomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingbabe6 View Post
yes that would be amazing!!! haven't seen u in almost 11 freakin' years woman!
pick a weekend that works for you it's the onoy time i'm free to do lunch and we can meet up, and you can get some Baby time with miss Ava

March 25th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
welcome to the board!

I wish I had advice for you about emotions and pregnancy... but I don't really. Try to find something that makes you laugh whenever you are feeling sad, that works for me! If it gets to where you are feeling sad a lot, then you should talk to your provider about it - post partum depression can start during pregnancy, and if they know about how you are feeling, then they can help you deal with it. They might have some ideas about how to help now, too.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
March 26th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Super Mommy
thanks i will do that at my next appt.

May 5th, 2011, 09:29 PM
MamaSugarplump's Avatar Jordan
Girl, I have been doing the same thing. I started crying today about 5:30 and here it is 11:30 and it is still coming in waves.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search