anybody else

Forum: First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Super Mommy
So I was watching A Baby Story this afternoon and started crying (again lol)once the baby was born seeing daddys reaction because my "hubby" (brian) has told me he can't be in the room with me when I have the baby....he passes out gets sick can't handle it...with his first son, I guess she was slowly into labor or maybe it was during when the baby was coming out that brian passed out on the floor..he had to be put in a hospital bed, given the smelly salts the whole nine yards...I asked him if he could just be hear my head, looking at my face with is back to the doctors and all that would be going on but he said no. It really makes me sad that he won't be in there with me, I really want him and his support...his mother said she'd be there for me but i'd rather live in a scorpion infested house again (we did when i was growing up) then have her in the room. My mom lives out of state and as of now has no plans to be here anytime before the baby is born....not trying to be a pity party just something im thinking of. anybody else going through this? what will you do?

March 29th, 2011, 06:24 PM
~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Dolphin~Dreamer*~
That's rough sweetie. I'm sorry. DH was in there with me, so I have no real advice.

what about a close friend? I would check into something like that if DH really doesn't think he can be in there. It would be terrible to be there by yourself....talk to a trusted friend.

Good luck honey, keep us posted.

March 30th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
I'm so sorry, I would be devastated if my hubby couldn't be with me!

Have you considered a close friend or doula? I, for one, think you need a birth partner because it can be a long, tiring and sometimes confusing process!

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom
March 30th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Just call me "Hope."
Will he be there for everything except the pushing? If he can be there as labor progresses, and once the baby is born and all work is done "down there"... that's really most of it. For me the pushing was pretty focused... I was paying a lot more attention to the medical staff, and my doula's advice, than to my husband. I agree with pp's - you might want to look into having a doula, especially if your birth will be unmedicated. If you're looking more for emotional support, personally I would skip the expense of a doula and ask a close friend.

BTW, I get teary-eyed every time I watch "One Born Every Minute"! But it's when the mom first sees her baby that gets me every time.
March 30th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Super Mommy
i got all teary when both mom and dad see and hold baby for the first time. Im hoping he will be there for everything...if he has to leave then I guess once the pushing starts but i know him and he wont' be able to leave me like that...im not doing it naturally I can't handle the pain...hopefully he can be there but if he can't i can't force him, certainley not gonna fight while im in labor lol but it was devasting to hear.. thanks ladies!

March 31st, 2011, 09:10 PM
Just call me "Hope."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingbabe6 View Post
...im not doing it naturally I can't handle the pain...
Well, as it turns out, neither can I! I hope your husband can make it through the whole thing -- I guess with his history you have to give him credit for however long he can stay. Hope it all goes well.
April 2nd, 2011, 10:18 PM
My hubby wants to be in the room and I'm happy about that; however, sad at the same time because i'm not sure and my mom's not sure if she will be able to make it in time. She lives an ocean away.

Anyway, maybe a close friend of yours can be with you. I hope everything works out. Good luck.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search