How did HE react?

Forum: First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm one day short of being 5 weeks pregnant and I'm just wondering, how did the daddies react when you told them you were pregnant??

My husband (we just got married 6 weeks ago) basically said "Oh yeah, well let's wait and see". I was shocked! Then in the car one morning he said "Wait to tell your boss until you're pregnant" and I was like "I AM PREGNANT!" I'm not sure if his reaction is normal. I know he's a very serious, logic-driven person, and I love that about him, but why can't he just be excited? It's frustrating, since he's the only person that knows right now and I'm just dying to be excited! I've always wanted to be a mommy and I feel so blessed that we got pregnant on our first real try. Should I just tell someone else so I can get the high fives and hugs that I need right now? What would you do?
July 9th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Sarai1983's Avatar Bonus Mom w/ a Baby Bump
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarai1983
My husband said "We don't have a car that will fit 6 people..." Logical people need some time to process.... my hubby is very logical too and he needed a couple days for it to sink in and for him to work through what we need to do over the next few months... plus, while he has already had 3, this is my first & I think hubbys get a little overprotective and worried when it's your first baby... I would say that your hubby probably falls into this same kind of category... at least that's what it sounded like... also I've heard that mama's are mama's when they find out they're pregnant... daddy's become daddy's when they hold their babies for the first time..

I've told my family... I wanted there support whether this pregnancy is viable or not... Also remember that we're all excited for you and are giving you virtual high fives... :-)

Congrats!!
July 10th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been pregnant three times with two losses . The first time I was pregnant the dad to be was so excited so after I lost that pregnancy I wasn't for sure how to tell him about the 2nd pregnancy even though I did but he forgot that I told him that I was pregnant when I started to go thru a missed m/c that had hemoraging which needed a emergency d &c . He was like your pregnant ?

The third time he was like what if you have issues again and he was so afraid I was going to have some sort of problem with my pregnancy as I had problems with the two previous one so he didn't even particpate in that pregnancy in any way . It really broke my heart especially when that pregnancy resulted in a healthy boy who is almost 7 now .

So its hard to not be able to share excitement about expecting a baby or even sharing a excitement with a so/spouse the partner who participated in making this happened .

Even though I can understand it is different when you have had loss(es) as my 2 previous loss made me on edge thru out the pregnancy just trying to keep faith that things would work out which it did even though his dad is no longer in the picture .

Last edited by Mom2Brendan; July 10th, 2011 at 07:42 PM.
July 10th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Hoping for baby #2
Mine was accepting persay but still in a state of shock. it didnt finally become real to him until he went to the doc appt and heard the heart beat. Once you start growing, and he can feel the baby move it becomes a lot more "real " to him.

"A hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a boy." -Forest Witcraft

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search