Maternity/Family Leave

Forum: First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 6th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Does your work have Maternity leave ?

How long do you have Maternity leave ?

Do you get a paid Maternity leave ?

Does your husband/SO get off during the time of your Maternity Leave ?

If so how long will he be home ?

Well since I don't work and when I was still with my son's father when Brendan was born the only time off he ended up getting off was the day I had the baby . I wonder if that would have been any different if I had a C-Section .

October 7th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Does your work have Maternity leave ? Sorta

How long do you have Maternity leave ? Legally I was allowed t otake 12 weeks which I did!

Do you get a paid Maternity leave ? Pay was weird.
Week 1 = sick leave (full pay)
Week 2-7 = Short Term Disability - my companies form of maternity leave (60% pay)
Week 7-12 = FMLA leave (not paid) I used 3 weeks of vacation pay to help tide us over financially.

Does your husband/SO get off during the time of your Maternity Leave ? FMLA guarentees him time off (just not paid)

If so how long will he be home ? Thankfully he had plenty of sick leave saved up... He stayed home the first 2 weeks with me, then stayed home for 2 other weeks while I was on leave (used vacation time for that). He couldnt use all his sick leave so that we have a buffer if the baby gets sick and cant go to daycare.

http://hkystar.blogspot.com

October 22nd, 2011, 01:57 AM
-Bailey-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes we have maternity leave.
I have no idea how long, I don't plan on going back to work and it's been a couple months since I read through the rulebook.
No, we don't get paid. I have never used vacation time so I'll be cashing all that in when I leave. It still won't come anywhere near my actual paychecks as I get tips too, and they don't compensate for that.

I'm sure BF will take some time off work, but I don't want him to use his vacation time since we plan on going ON vacation sometime next year and we need the money. Plus, I think he'd drive me crazy being home 24/7 with me because he isnt' doing anything to burn off his endless supply of energy!
I will however insist that the managers make a game plan if I go into labor while he's at work. I'm not waiting until he's off, or driving myself to the hospital! Thankfully my dad is THE manager there so it won't be too difficult.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search