If your baby is older than 10 months . . .

Forum: First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To First Time Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Nicole_M's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How much and how often does your baby eat? I'm trying to figure Roger out and I'm wasting a lot of milk along the way.

He usually wakes around 6 and will drink 6 ounces of formula. I put him right back down and he'll sleep til 8:30.

Then he gets 5 ounces of breastmilk and cereal around 9:30.

After that it's like a free for all.

I try to give him some more formula and fruit around lunch time, but he barely eats it. I'll try again around 2-3 and it's the same thing. He drinks only 1-2 ounces and barely eats.

For dinner at 5, he'll drink 5 ounces of breastmilk again and usually a jar of food or some of what we are eating.

I just don't know what to do for his meals. Am I feeding him too much in the morning and that's why he doesn't want anything in the afternoon?

I thought babies his age should be drinking about 24 ounces a day, but some days he only hits about 14 ounces.

How do your babies eat?
January 5th, 2007, 07:12 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Ben's kinda the opposite. He's not really interested in breakfast, but he pigs out the rest of the day. By one year, babies should be getting appx 16 oz (anywhere between 12 and 20 is fine), so getting 14 really isn't a huge concern... it's just on the low end of normal. Here's a typical day for Ben:

Breakfast (7-ish... when he wakes up) - applesauce or a banana in his high chair, sippy of milk and a tray of cheerios on the floor watching his morning shows while I eat. (LOL... he's so addicted to Paz). He usually doesn't eat a whole banana and he usually ends up throwing his cheerios at the dogs. He's much more interested in walking around sipping his milk with no hands.

Lunch (11-ish) - appx 8 oz of something like campbell's soup, chef boyardee, mac n cheeze, lunch meat/cheese/crackers, etc. Also has a sippy cup with water.

About an hour after lunch, he's ready for a sippy of milk and a nap.

Snack (after nap) - Cheerios and milk or water (he's getting appx 20-24 oz of milk, but he's huge compared to other kids, so the ped told us to do that)

Supper (5-ish) - appx 12 oz of whatever we're eating unless it's something like pizza. Then I'll feed him something similar to lunch. Canned beans and/or veggies usually. Water in his sippy

Milk again about an hour before bed.
January 5th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Tigger's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My ped always says 3 good pees a day and they are getting enough some days when Kiera was teething or something she would only drink about 10 oz.

Kiera is on all table food she eats
(7:30a.m.)Breakfast Yogurt some cheerios
(10:00a.m.)Snack before nap Tons of fruit
(11:30-12:00)Lunch anything really ravioli, meat , cheese, etc... some veggies
(2:30) Snack before nap crackers, fruit or veggie depending
(5:00p.m.) Dinner Whatever we are having
(7:30)6-8 oz bottle right before bed.
Kiera does not drink milk she throws it up So she get water all day.
January 5th, 2007, 06:38 PM
*Valerie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Troy has had issues with eating when teething in the past--would hardly eat anything--just drink. But now--he's a PIG!
Typical Day:
BF--1.5 waffles, fruit cup, container of yogurt, milk (I never measure but I would guess 6 oz)
During am--milk on and off, maybe more fruit depending
Lunch--totally varies, but usually 1 fruit cup, 1/2 c. veggies, meat, slice cheese and 1 slice bread (if we do pasta, he eats a lunch bucket easily), water
Before nap--drinks milk--about 6 oz
Snack--4 crackers (ritz) or fruit or fruit puffs (probably 1/4c.)
Dinner--similar to lunch, water
Before bed--8 oz bottle

We get more milk than supposed to, but he's very thin (only 22 lbs) and is always hungry!

My niece-hardly eats anything (probably 1/2 of what Troy does and gets about 20 oz of milk)

January 5th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Our son is 18 months now, but has basically had the same eating routine since around 9-10 months. He only drinks about 12 ounces of milk a day. He eats a lot of fruit though so I know he gets liquid from that. I wish he would drink more, but why force it? I can't stand seeing kids walking around all day with sippy cups. We don't use them. He uses a regular cup. When he wants a drink he'll point towards the bathroom or he'll walk by the kitchen sink.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search