What tips can you give the soon to be newlyweds?

Forum: Newlyweds Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Newlyweds Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For those of you who remember your day, what tips can you give us soon to be newlyweds? How did you keep yourself organized, stress free and make sure everything went smooth with nothing forgotten?

Make a pregnancy ticker
July 29th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good one.....anyone???

July 29th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
OK My tip is not to over think things and stress out to much believe me when I tell you that everything will work out on the day. The people in the hotels/venue have done weddings before so trust that they will have it all done. People will remember the fun, enjoyment and love from the day NOT that the flowers are a shade to dark or your bridesmaides hair is done different. DON'T stress over the small things.

Tip no 2 is for the wedding day.
During the day take a few min to step back away from it all and take it all in. All your family, friends and everyone that loves you. You will have photo's and dvd's to remember your day but your memory will stay with you always. So take this advice if none other and take a moment and soak it all up. The day will go by SO SO fast.

Hope I was of some help I would love to be doing it all again.
Good Luck Ladies and Congrats.

[SIZE="3"]

July 29th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Super Mommy
Ditto on delegating responsibilities!

Don't put too much stress on the little things like flowers...I haven't talked to ANYONE who was perfectly happy with theirs. I was told by friends who were newlyweds that nothing the day of the wedding really matters except for the fact that At the End of the Day, You Are Married. It didn't help me stress any less but after the fact....it really is all that mattered.

It was the most stressful day of my life but it was wonderful!

Tips! Take More pictures of the two of you together than you think you'll want...and do the same separately! We didn't get enough of us together...and Print out your list of photos that you'd like to have just in case your photographer forgets.

Smile, enjoy, and let the little things go...

When I look back on my wedding day, I think about....how my flower girl dropped ALL her flowers and I thought she was going to cry but she smiled and picked them up and they were the cutest pictures, and I think about how my Maid of Honor Ripped the zipper seam of her dress about 30 minutes before the ceremony and had to be sewn in...lol But most of all I remember eating Domino's pizza at midnight because I hadn't been able to eat ANYTHING that whole day and how much I was looking forward to a week of doing nothing after so many months of planning and worrying....I was finally a Mrs. and it was wonderful!

I think I went off on a tangent! lol Good luck girls and just focus on you and him, no one else matters....not everyone will be happy that day, but you're the ones that matter.
July 29th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Glowlilac's Avatar Veteran
ooohh, good one!

I would say first and foremost ... remember that it's YOUR day and try not to get caught up in worrying about how to please everyone else. As you go through the day, remind yourself to stop and enjoy it and really soak up every minute.

Also, like some of the other ladies have said, delegate responsibilities to people ahead of time. One thing we didn't think about was how to transfer our (my and my bridesmaids') clothes/purses, etc. from the Bride's room in the church to the reception area (so they could take them home later). It ended up being a mad rush of us trying to gather everything up after the ceremony and make it out for pictures and to the limo... so try to have someone to take care of all of that and get things were you need them so you don't have to give it a thought.

But above all else, don't stress! Relax and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

July 29th, 2009, 01:06 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
enjoy your day, savor every moment because it goes so fast!

July 29th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my one bit of advice, that was given to me, and i have given to everyone who has gotten married since...
on your wedding day, at some point in during the wedding, take a moment to totally absorb the moment. remember what he is wearing, what his hair was fixed like, what he smelled like etc. (same for the guy) because if you don't make it a point, you won't do it and you will forget all the wonderful things!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

July 29th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
These are fabulous! And some things I have already noted that I need to take your advice on! Keep the advice rolling for anyone else who stops in, it's much appreciated!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search