Well ladies...

Forum: Newlyweds Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Newlyweds Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 17th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
DH got the job.
I dunno how I feel, it was nowhere near the amount of money I really wanted him to make. With bonuses and everything its about what we wanted, but the raise is only 10%. I feel jipped. He's only getting 10% because he already makes more than what the average Lab Manager makes as an entry level. Anywho, eventually he'll just even out with everybody else makes whether they've been there for 5 years or 10 years(he's been there for 9 already!!)
Anywho, its just a bit frustrating. But we're still gonna do it. So looks like I'll be moving in the next few weeks
Now we're having debates about selling, or renting out our current house. Ugh, this is WAY to stressful.
Im not gonna lie but TTC is sooooo far from my mind right now, even though Im going to the doctor on monday
And DH is leaving me for 5 days tomorrow. I dunno how you guys spend time away from your hubby's Im dreading it SOOOO bad. Ive never spent a night alone in our house and havent spent more than 1 night away from DH since we got married...
Ugh ugh ugh!
Stressful
April 17th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hon, I hope it works out great. I can see how that will be really stressful. Did he want the new job for a raise? 10% is not bad at all. What about you, what about your job? Is it close enough that you can still go there?
I can't offer any advice about renting or selling.. renting will provide you guys with monthly income but on the other hand you have to choose and monitor your tenants carefully so renting might be a hassle.

I'm sorry DH will be away for a few days.. maybe Jennifer can offer some advice on that front

Baby girl born Feb 2013

April 17th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to *Manda* Send a message via MSN to *Manda* Send a message via Yahoo to *Manda*
Its not JUST the raise, its to move up in the company too.
It's 3 1/2 hrs away so there is no way I could keep my job, but I have faith I can get a better one there. (I hope!)
April 17th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Girl IS my name's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww Amanda! Maybe this'll be great for y'all! I hope so!!!

Follow my blog: http://finallyfoundwhereibelong.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for our PR Banner!!

Last edited by Girl IS my name; April 17th, 2010 at 03:49 PM.
April 17th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
...Did you just call me Jennifer?...
April 17th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well that's great that he's moving up!! Are you leaning more towards renting the place or selling it?

Baby girl born Feb 2013

April 17th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just know that everything will work out!!!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
April 17th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AlexasMommy
I'm sure it will all work out for you. The thing with renters are you just never know what you are going to get or how many you will go through. But I don't know what your sellers market is like. Y'all will figure it out though. Good Luck!
April 17th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandapeek View Post
...Did you just call me Jennifer?...
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! I had just woke up when I posted that!!!

April 17th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just thought that was funny. I couldnt believe you called me that, but then I looked back and the last post you had posted was about Jennifer.
I'm glad he's moving up too.
I think DH has convinced me to sell, but its hard. This is OUR house, OUR home! We gutted this house and redid EVERYTHING this house is the way we wanted it, so its hard. I'm gonna miss it...
I mean, its the first house we bought together!
But DH keeps telling me how we can be debt free and afford a new car and a nice vacay next year.
April 17th, 2010, 07:20 PM
And to top it off your next house will be even better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 18th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well congrats to DH! As for the income goes, it's NEVER enough. But there's always the chance for more, and when it all comes down to it, money isn't everything.

As for renting or selling the house - the decision could be easy, and made for you. Depending on when you bought the house, the current market just isn't what it was a few years ago. We own a few houses that we would LOVE to sell, but we just can't get what they were worth a few years ago. Despite the fact that we put a lot of money down on them, we would lose it all. It's just not worth it so we're renting both of them out until the market turns around.

As for DH being gone - it's definitely an adjustment. I've actually come to enjoy some of my quiet time. You have all of us! I've lived on my own before DF and I were dating, and a year into dating he had to move to FL and I stayed in NC for 6 months because I had a really good job that I didn't want to give up. It didn't work being 800 miles away so I ended up moving. But with DF's job, he always has to travel, so it's just the norm that he wont be home every night.

You just have to find plenty of things to keep you busy (like talking to us). I also do most of my reading when DF is away. The time will go by fast - I promise!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
April 18th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks Jen! We actually bought our house just last year so we will still MAKE money on it because we got an excellent deal and did some remodeling. DH has convinced me to sell no matter how badly I dont want too. Being debt free just sounds too good.
As for time I will definitely be on JM I hope you guys have time for me. It figures Jen that the week your DF comes home is the one mine leaves. Silly boys, cant they coordinate their schedules?
April 18th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandapeek View Post
It figures Jen that the week your DF comes home is the one mine leaves. Silly boys, cant they coordinate their schedules?
It figures!!! DF will probably be working late most nights, and he does go to bed fairly early most nights. LOL

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search