Pregnant again but worried...

Forum: Newlyweds Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Newlyweds Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Hello,

My wife and I got married last April and were surprised to find out that she was pregnant later that month (you can check out my past posts). We found out because she had light spotting. Her HCG levels didn't really get that high and one time she bled a little more heavily so the doctor ruled it an ectopic (however, I had my doubts about this since they never found the egg and after coming to this site, read that the bleeding could be normal). She did the d&c and a few shots of MTX.

She did a pregnancy test 5 days ago (around the same time she was supposed to get her period) and it came back positive. She then went to the doctor the next day and did a blood test. Later that afternoon, it was confirmed that she was pregnant and the HCG was 356 which was much higher than any HCG count she had in the first go-around. I'm guessing this was 4 to 5 weeks after we had intercourse.

Now it's around week 6 and she said that she experienced light spotting. I read that spotting is supposed to come earlier, no? She's also experiencing leg and buttock pain and tenderness in her breasts but other than that, she's fine.

I'm really worried that she might have another m/c. She's going to the doc again in 2 days even though he told her a few days ago to come in 2 weeks instead.

Any insight if the spotting is normal around this time? If it helps, she's 30 years old and otherwise healthy (non-smoker/non-drinker).

Thanks in advance to all the helpfulness in this forum. I'm in South Korea so me communicating with docs here is somewhat difficult.

Thanks again.
March 15th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Jinnah
I'm sorry you didn't get any responses. I didn't even mean to be in this section of the board! I am sure you have your answer by now... please update. Next time, try posting this type of question in the first trimester sections... I bet you will get a lot more responses.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search