Ways to announce Pregnancy?

Forum: Newlyweds Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By gustka48
  • 1 Post By ChicaChels
  • 1 Post By Sparkle954
  • 1 Post By gustka48
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By butterfly721
  • 1 Post By jeweluv
  • 2 Post By kurly
  • 1 Post By Seeking Baby Thornburg
  • 1 Post By renniemart

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Newlyweds Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 01:04 PM
April 13th 2014 :)
Hey Everyone,

My husband and I have just starting trying to concieve no postive test yet, But I'm already trying to think of fun ways to tell our families.

So any good stories out there for either:

1. Telling my husband

or

2. Telling our families
tmac likes this.
December 18th, 2012, 03:14 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
with our first, i found out on 12/20 and waited a whole week to tell dh on his bday (12/27) ...i bought this picture frame that says "mom + dad = me" and i put a pic of me, him, and then the digi test in the frame.....with the 2nd i found out on 8/18 and waited til 8/22 to tell him b/c i ordered our daughter (she was 1 on 8/8, so she couldnt talk too well yet) a tshirt that said "Daddy, something is wrong with the oven" and he was all "what?" so he looked in it and i had a bun in there...he totally didnt get it right away.
Carmela755 likes this.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
December 19th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
with our first, i found out on 12/20 and waited a whole week to tell dh on his bday (12/27) ...i bought this picture frame that says "mom + dad = me" and i put a pic of me, him, and then the digi test in the frame.....with the 2nd i found out on 8/18 and waited til 8/22 to tell him b/c i ordered our daughter (she was 1 on 8/8, so she couldnt talk too well yet) a tshirt that said "Daddy, something is wrong with the oven" and he was all "what?" so he looked in it and i had a bun in there...he totally didnt get it right away.
Aww!! Both of those ideas are super cute!!!
December 28th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustka48 View Post
Hey Everyone,

My husband and I have just starting trying to concieve no postive test yet, But I'm already trying to think of fun ways to tell our families.

So any good stories out there for either:

1. Telling my husband

or

2. Telling our families
Good Luck to you. Hope you are announcing your pregnancy news soon!

Here are some cute ways to announce pregnancy to family and friends
December 28th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im going to do hang man on facebook when i get pregnant again

-- -------

im pregnant

af came sep 24 wed nz time
January 10th, 2013, 06:00 AM
I have not had the luck to get pregnant yet, but if I do one day, I'm thinking of giftwrapping little cute babyshoes and give it to my husband (kind of like a gift).
tmac likes this.
January 14th, 2013, 10:36 PM
I think it would be cute to give a framed picture to my grandparents at some family event (their 50th wedding anniversary is coming up) or Christmas or something, depending on when we get pregnant and have them open it in front of the whole family!

What do you think?
sierahs mommy likes this.
February 7th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Super Mommy
I'm going to give both of our parents a picture frame that says "the best parents get promoted to grandparents" with a sonogram picture.

February 7th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
In the future, I would like to give a framed ultrasound picture to grandparents. I imagine my hubby will be there when I POAS so he will know from the get-go.

Props to you ladies who could keep it a secret to tell your DH in a special way.... I couldn't even keep from telling him that I've started taking vitamin supplements! LOL.
February 19th, 2013, 11:25 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I'm not pregnant yet, but I have already thought of how DH and I will tell our parents. We're planning to have them over to our house for a nice dinner. We are going to have a special cake made that says something along the lines of "Congratulations, Grandparents!" or "We're having a baby!" I'm thinking that the cake will be shaped like a baby.

The hardest part will be for us to keep quiet during the dinner and wait until we bust the cake out to tell them the good news!!
February 26th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Prepare a good lunch date with your husband and other family members. Then buy a fake baby bump, wear it after you prepared your lunch and everybody are already gathered. From your room, comes out with that fake baby bump and they'll be smiling and laughing the moment they see it. You don't need a word to explain to them, they will know it already!
April 3rd, 2013, 05:35 PM
jeweluv's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sooo funny! I was just googling this today! I found one that absolutely touched and amazed me! So, you can either snap a photo while they are opening something that reveals the pregnancy or snap the photo as soon as you give the new "we are pregnant!" You will then FOREVER have their expressions saved as a momento! A true moment you will literally never forget!!!! I like this one because I feel like you could do so much with it. You could pose a shot with the grandparents and say you need a pic for something and say okay "1,2,3 saw WE ARE PREGNANT!"...SNAP, SNAP, SNAP...and get those faces!!!!! You could give a gift and when he/she/they open it and realize, snap away!!!!!

Lee and Erica by Jadelm, on Flickr
June 23rd, 2013, 02:07 PM
Super Mommy
This is how I told my husband...

Bought a onesie and threw it in the dryer. When my husband got home, I asked him to 'grab the dry clothes out' and he found it. Lol, he was sooooooo confused and then it hit him. I got it all on hidden video camera. AWESOME!
June 24th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Carrie
I think when the time comes, I am going to mail the test in a small box to our house so that my husband will get it when he checks the mail. On the outside of the box I will have it say "Special Delivery" all over.

As for telling the families, I am not sure yet what we will do. But, I can say I have spent way too many hours on youtube watching pregnancy surprise announcements that are extremely fun and also extremely emotional.
tmac likes this.

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆

June 27th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My family lives in the States so when we found out we got a card with a picture of a pacifier on the front...on the inside we glued a pic of the u/s and had some cute little rhyme-y poem on the inside (we found it online, I don't even remember it exactly lol). For the next one we'll probably get a big sister shirt for DD and send them a pic of that...not very original, I know! Maybe we'll think of something more clever.

September 29th, 2013, 11:25 PM
There are many ways to surprise your husband by breaking the pregnancy news in a different way like wear a t-shirt saying 'soon to be mom' and let him notice it naturally or keep small booties in his shoes.

Here are Ten ways to break the pregnancy news to your husband Hope it helps!!!

Last edited by renniemart; September 29th, 2013 at 11:32 PM.
May 3rd, 2014, 06:26 PM
Regular
I, too, am not pg yet, but have often thought of the fun/creative ways to announce this momentous event! Thanks for sharing and suggesting everyone!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search