The birth of Josephine & Alexander

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2011, 12:37 PM
tgc219's Avatar Super Mommy
I realized that I never added my birth story so here it is...

My original due date was December 8, but being pregnant with twins, we weren't sure how long I'd make it. Well somewhere around 30 weeks or so, my little Alex (baby B) was still breach and the Dr suggested that a C-Section would be the safest route. Before then, we had talked about me delivering Joey (baby A) vaginally and then trying to deliver Alex breach, but because of his positioning, we decided that a c-section was the way to go. Because we were scheduling the c-section, my dr said that they're typically done at 38 weeks with twins, so we set the date of November 23.

The craziest thing happend the night before though! My sister who lives out of town was here for the birth. And the night before, she was over at our house hanging out with me and dh making sure that I ate right up until midnight. She knew that I'd be starving the next day since I couldn't eat before the c-section. Well, when she was leaving, shortly after 12, she said that she'd lock up behind her and turn the lights off since dh was passed out on 1 couch from Nyquil and I was FINALLY comfortable on the other couch. Well she's no sooner out the door when I hear a *thud* and a scream! Since my sister turned the porch lights off on her way out, she couldn't see well and missed 2 steps, fell off my porch and broke her **** foot!!!! Not kidding! I flew off the couch and went outside and she's rolling around on the ground screaming and swearing and I can see that her ankle was super swolen. I went in the house to grab ice packs and woke up dh. I was standing outside, pregnant as anything (with TWINS), holding her foot up on my thigh with ice while she was laying on the ground crying. Dh and I managed to get her into the house and we called my parents to come and get her. When she tried to walk, she knew that something didn't feel right so my mom took her to the er. She had xrays and she broke her 5th metatarcel. They put her in a brace and sent her home. The morning of the c-section, my mom took me sis to a dr apt at 7am and they told her that she needed surgery! They ended up putting her in a temporary (pink & blue!) cast so that she and my mom could make it to the hospital for the 11:30am c-section.

Since my mom took my sis to the dr, dh and and I had to pick up my father on our way to check in at the hospital! Too funny! He we are, heading to have a couple of babies and let's bring my dad along for the ride! Mom & sis and my inlaws showed up shortly after and they came into my pre-op room to see us and wish us well. My sis was in a wheelchair! Too funny, the poor thing!

At that point the nerves and starvation started to kick in and I actually got sick. After that though, I was fine....until I had to drink some really sour grape stuff right when I got into the operating room. Got sick again while I was numb from the waist down. REALLY weird feeling, btw! Then they brought in dh once I was all set up and he was right next to me the whole time with cameras in both hands. For some reason the medication was making me shiver uncontrollably so he was trying to massage my shoulders since they were so tense from the shivering.

Surgery started at 11:57am and at 12:02, our little Joey (Josephine Grace) was born at 6lbs even and 19.5". A tear rolled down my face when I heard her cry and the dr held her over the screen so that we could see her. At 12:05, our little Alex (Alexander George) was born at 5lbs 14oz and 20". Then it took what seemed like forever for them to stitch me up. The nurses asked dh to cut the cords and I had to remind him to take some video along with pictures! Once they were all bundled up, he brought them over to me. 2 perfect, beautiful babies! We had not one, but TWO babies!!!!

Once I was in recovery, the whole family was allowed in (though dh wheeled my sister up first) and it was so precious seeing the looks on all of their faces when they held the babies! It was perfect. I'm so glad we had our video camera to catch those moments on film. The rest is pretty much history. Both babies were great and didn't need to go to the nicu, we had Thanksgiving in the hospital (kind of. Our families came after dinner and brought us food), and we were all home on Friday. Aside from my sister breaking her foot, everything went wonderfully!

On a side note, my sis ended up having her surgery (had a screw put in) and she was able to stay home for a whole month so she was over every day to help with the babies! Even though her foot was broken, she was great at holding, changing and feeding the little ones

And that's my "birth" story! Hope you enjoyed it! ♥

Thank you .h00dihoo.this. for my awesome siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search