JM Top 50 Boards*Rules Added

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Daytime/Primetime Soaps LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Tamara0711's Avatar :)
So, the hosting board does this challenge where you can sign up to be in the top 50 posting boards on here. I signed us up for October. Out of the 43 hosts that signed their boards up we came in 41st... lol. Hey, it's better than last, lol Hopefully we can make November a little better!

Love you ladies!!!

"To keep things fair, we will be looking at the number of members on your board, the number of posts on your board, and the quality of posts on your board. We will have three categories for ranking the order of the boards – the number of posts, the members to posts ratio (since a board with six members won’t have the same number of posts as a board with 100 members on it), and the quality of posts.

To be considered as one of our Top Fifty boards we ask that you sign up in our sign up thread on the Hosts board. We will post this at the start of the month. You must sign up in the sign up thread by no later than the 15th of each month. In order to participate, you will need to submit one roll call thread each month and post the links to three threads from the month that generated a lot of discussion. If you co-host a board please work together on this and have only one host post in the sign up thread. My advice would be to take turns with this.

At the end of the month the admin team will select the top fifty boards based on the criteria listed above. This will be a weighted system. We think this will be fairer than how we did this in the past and allow smaller boards a chance to be at the top of the list. This is how this will work.

**Updated Nov 2010: You will get points for how many topics & posts your board has each month (we will be excluding certain threads from this count.) We will be looking at both the number of topics and the number of posts your board has. We don't want to just see one or two super long threads so make sure you are posting lots of new topics as well.

We want to discourage you from posting threads that are for purpose of post boosting only – for example, count to 1000, or bumping games are not the kind of threads we want to see. We don’t want to see cheating or things that may put a strain on our server so these types of threads will not count towards your post count and as a result may cause your board to be lower on the list. To make sure this is clear, game threads and similar type threads that consist of one or two word responses will not count towards your post counts and if we see a board that has an excessive amount of threads that contain just smilies or one and two word replies your board may be disqualified for the month.

You will also get points based on your board’s member to posts ratio. Having active members on your board will help improve your score for this category.

Finally, you will get points for the three posts you submit each month. The posts that are most interesting and generate really good discussions on your board will receive the most points.

We will tally the points and give you a final list of JM’s top fifty boards that you can post on your board each month. We would like this to be a success and we hope this will be fun for everyone. We will be starting this in September and hope that we can get a lot of participation. "

Last edited by Tamara0711; November 6th, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
November 5th, 2010, 07:35 PM
3OhioBoys's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, better than last .

What all counts? New threads and total posts?

Forever remembering your smiling face.
November 6th, 2010, 10:15 AM
New Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's funny! Are you allowed to tell us? I maybe would have created more posts or responded more if I knew.
November 6th, 2010, 01:45 PM
angieelee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many boards are there total? If you know off hand, don't want anyone wasting time counting or anything.
November 6th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I'll go find the rules & copy & paste them. And, only 43 boards signed up in October.
November 6th, 2010, 07:00 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I think this board could definitely get higher up on the list!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
November 7th, 2010, 06:50 AM
I just need to get my butt in gear & post more! The only thing that sucks is some things I post get NO replies, then others will get a few... but usually nothing more. But, we can sure TRY!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search