IUD removal, no AF, and neg HPT?!?!

Forum: Not Trying Not Preventing

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Not Trying Not Preventing LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, there!

I had my IUD (Mirena) removed last month (the 16th, to be exact) and I got AF the very next day. Fast forward to now and I am officially late by two days and took a $ store HPT and got a negative result. My OB said that Mirena wouldn't interfere with my cycle at all, so I have no idea what the heck is going on. Is this from the IUD removal? Could I be pregnant? Anyone have a similar experience?

I should probably also mention that I had my IUD in for just about a year and never had a period while I had it in place.

Thanks!
April 14th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Stephanie_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry I have never had mirena so I'm no help but I wanted to wish you the best. I know one of our lovely ladies can help you a ton more than I can!

Big thanks to *Kiliki* for my GORGEOUS siggy!
[/URL]
April 14th, 2010, 11:27 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well, I have heard from several people that up to a year post-mirena removal their cycle is out of control. All BC can mess up your cycle so I'm shocked that your OB would say it won't. Your body didn't cycle for a year, so it's going to take awhile for it to relearn what to do, kwim?

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 14th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the replies! I figured that it might take my body to normalize, but after a completely normal cycle last month, I'm just kind of confused... When I came off the Nuvaring before TTC the first time around, my cycle was fine, so I just think this is so weird.

Supposedly, Mirena has very low doses of hormones and fertility should return almost immediately. My OB told me when I went in for my appt she had five other patients who were... he-hem... intimate without a condom or other back-up BC a few days before IUD removal and got pg from that encounter! Crazy!
April 14th, 2010, 10:53 PM
butterflies.in.a.jar's Avatar <3 Team Pink!!! <3
Send a message via MSN to butterflies.in.a.jar
I unfortunantly don't know anything about IUD's, so I'm no help that way, but I do agree with Chels, if you didn't have a cycle for a full year, it's probably going to take awhile for your cycles to normalize. I'm sure you're already fertile, but your cycle is probably going to still be a bit sporadic for a little while. Good Luck though!! And I wanted to welcome you to the board while I'm at it!!! I hope you enjoy your stay here!
Team PINK!!!
April 15th, 2010, 08:52 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

It will probably take a cycle or two before you are "regular" the way you used to be. You could try charting, that has helped me since having kids. Might want to keep testing every few days just in case.
April 15th, 2010, 09:33 AM
I started charting again on FF (love that site), but still no sign of AF so far... but I'm fairly sure she will be along any day now. It actually makes me a little sad because I'm kind of wishing I was preggers now.

Tags
iud , late af , negative hpt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search